Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football" - Page 2 - TigerDroppings.com

Posted byMessage
ohiovol
Tennessee Fan
Member since Jan 2010
14579 posts

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


quote:

so basically Robbie Rogers came out and every one said "so what?"







Back to top
Bho
USA Fan
Lexington
Member since Dec 2007
23291 posts

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


I'd really like to see an MLS team take a shot on him, if he wants to play. I'd be curious to find out (which would be impossible) if he would have been better if he could have just focused on soccer and not worrying about being outed. That has to be mentally exhausting. It may be too late to help him, but maybe someone else in the future?





Back to top
  Replies (0)
Meursault
Member since Sep 2003
22544 posts
 Online 

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


Finally got around to reading the article. frick false machismo. I'm happy for Rogers, and I really wish this didn't mean he has to quit football.





Back to top
cwil177
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2011
10163 posts

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


If anything I think he should come back and play. I'm sure there are other gay kids who play sports and need a good role model to follow.





Back to top
  Replies (0)
ScoopAndScore
baton rouge
Member since Oct 2008
7768 posts

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


Why does less than 5% of humanity get so much attention? Really strange to me.





Back to top
cwil177
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2011
10163 posts

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


Why does 5% of humanity not get the same rights as the other 95%?





Back to top
inelishaitrust
Ole Miss Fan
Oxford, MS
Member since Jan 2008
23718 posts

re: Robbie Rogers - "Why Coming out Meant I Had to Leave Football"


quote:

Why does 5% of humanity not get the same rights as the other 95%?


I've never had much of an appreciation for Robbie. He scored against Mexico which is a hell of a lot.

He'd be able to play in MLS. Hopefully the timbers will make a run at him. He may not be much on a an international level, but he's capable of being a star in MLS






Back to top
  Replies (0)


Back to top