By rdw1690'a suggestion I am starting this thread so we can all keep track of Stubear's return. Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XEidJFH7_uI/UAQFt_3giSI/AAAAAAABbY8/WYgRX20AJSE/s1600/STUART+HOLDEN.png
- Jan 8th - Stu plays 65 minutes with Bolton reserves
- Rumored to be included in Bolton squad for Jan 15th FA cup match against Sunderland
- Jan 15, 2013: enters game in 74th minute for Bolton in FA Cup match
- Jan 26, 2013: came off of bench in loss to Everton in FA Cup
- Feb 1, 2013: Starts for U-21 side against Man City. Leaves game in 32nd minute with injury after a harsh tackle - LINK
- Feb 11, 2013: Stu will face off against younger brother Euan today in a reserves match against Bury. Stu went the full 90
- Feb 15, 2013: Stu Holden, Mark Davies, and David Wheater to feature for Bolton this weekend
- Did not play
- Feb 26, 2013: Stu returns to the senior squad for league play LINK
The blow to Bolton had a silver lining as it saw the introduction of Stu Holden. This was the American's first league match since March 2011 at Old Trafford. Holden would play the remaining 65 minutes of the match and, despite being a little rusty, looked mostly good. He was involved throughout proceedings and was in action on the edge of the attacking area often.
- March 28, 2013: Stu short term loan to Shef Wed - LINK
- March 30, 2013: Holden started and played 62 minutes in a 2-1 Wednesday win
- April 6, 2013: Holden started and played 59 minutes in a 3-2 Wednesday win
- April 13, 2013: Holden 72 in 2-1 loss at Leeds United
- May 3, 2013: @SoccerByIves: Big USMNT news: Jurgen Klinsmann announces he will bring in Stuart Holden for May-June camps and Gold Cup.
- May 29, 2013: Stu returns to the USMNT in the final 10 minutes of 4-2 loss to Belgium. Soccer board faps.
This post was edited on 5/30 at 7:53 am