Started By
re: .

Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:20 pm to
Posted by Ebbandflow
Member since Aug 2010
13457 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:20 pm to
quote:

The issue I have is that these people constantly pontificate to middle America while they know this shite is going on.

Yeah to be honest most of them just want to Pat themselves on the back and feel like they did something positive. To be honest though I've heard so many different groups lecture America that I don't even know who to be most annoyed at anymore. It's the Christian right it's Hollywood it's social justice Warriors it's white nationalists blah blah blah blah blah
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:22 pm to
quote:

Clooney got married without a prenup. I call that stupid. His wife is a lawyer
Well shite when you’re right you’re right.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:23 pm to
quote:

Yeah to be honest most of them just want to Pat themselves on the back
so you get it. If he was really passionate, if they were all so passionate about the virtues they espouse and politics they support, Harvey Weinstein would’ve been cooked a long long time ago

And there are more still there and they’re still keeping quiet. Sick dudes that frick underage boys and girls
Posted by RogerTheShrubber
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:25 pm to
quote:

quote:
Clooney got married without a prenup. I call that stupid. His wife is a lawyer
Well shite when you’re right you’re right.

Yeah, she refused to sign.

On another note, she's an activist.
Posted by Ebbandflow
Member since Aug 2010
13457 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:26 pm to
quote:

Jimmy Kimmel doesn’t know shite about either and apparently he has the pull to have discussions with sitting senators about it.

Yeah and your average American has the pull to put that senator in place. And most of those average Americans arent very educated either so....
Posted by LSU Patrick
Member since Jan 2009
73476 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:30 pm to
quote:

we talked about civil rights when it wasn't really popular.

WTF? This guy is a delusional moron.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:37 pm to
quote:

Yeah and your average American has the pull to put that senator in place. And most of those average Americans arent very educated either so....
call up a senator and get him on the phone or set up a private chat...

when you have an audience of 1.5 million (earned through comedy not your expertise on healthcare) and you're famous and are having private chats with senators like Cassidy to whom you do not donate...it's not the same

why do you think trump and Hillary trotted out celebrities?

quote:

that's my point. but their opinions are treated as invalid while a comedian famous for telling jokes, his opinions based on no expertise of any kind are received as magnificent, inspiring, etc.

you're missing the point. why does the media tell us how inspiring Eminem or sarah silverman or whoever is while at the same time telling the collective public that "i guess you would hire a reality star to fly your plane"

it's so transparent. we're all hypocrites, but this is to such an absurd degree. discussing the double standard and media, I arrive at political motivations. but I just cannot fathom after WikiLeaks after Weinstein, after all of it that this is really mind blowing.

Clooney has the right politics. they happen to be politics with which you agree, but they're treated with unearned credibility because he's famous, he's on camera and he has politics with which the media at large agrees...acknowledging that doesn't make the politics he espouses wrong. that he's full of shite doesn't mean what he pretends to be wouldn't be someone to be admired

it just means he's full of shite, but he has the right politics and he's famous. so for that he gets a credibility he didn't earn and what he says is not treated with a critical eye.
Posted by MontyFranklyn
T-Town
Member since Jan 2012
23830 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:40 pm to
quote:

So, apparently, Little Georgie doesn't believe that Hattie McDaniel EARNED her Oscar. Apparently, Little Georgie thinks that the Academy GAVE her that Oscar strictly because she was black.

Yeah, that's about par for the course with Hollywood.
Well am sure if you were around she'd been working those fields for you like a good..... instead of wasting time doing the white folk work of acting
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:41 pm to
yeah the funny part is that of the very few actors who actually do have civil rights credibility

one of them became the president of the NRA

that must be tough for Clooney to square.
This post was edited on 10/18/17 at 12:42 pm
Posted by RogerTheShrubber
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:42 pm to
quote:

And most of those average Americans arent very educated either so....

When it comes to politics, none of us are. We're all heavy on bias, light on wisdom and lacking information. I imagine the big picture would shock all of us.
Posted by Tiger in NY
Neptune Beach, FL
Member since Sep 2003
30359 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:50 pm to
Clooney is a kiddie diddler too. F him.
Posted by Maytheporkbewithyou
Member since Aug 2016
12614 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:55 pm to
quote:

And we all like artists, yes?

No. Not at all.
Posted by Ebbandflow
Member since Aug 2010
13457 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:58 pm to
quote:

Clooney is a kiddie diddler too. F him

Link?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:00 pm to
people defend Hollywood and liberal media because they share the same politics, but they have the same disdain for anyone outside the circle.

they don't care that you're on the team, you're beneath them. You see it everyday. different politics but we're despised by the same intelligentsia that's honestly not that intelligent.

in Hollywood you can see it. for every white people in suburbia are the worst, black people are portrayed as gang bangers and most of the industry focuses on hood life. women are mostly written as dough eyed smitten morons that serve as eye candy in the office (aaron sorkin immediately comes to mind )

in broadcasting and Hollywood, if you're a woman who made it to the stop...you had no choice but to suck dick. if you're black, you're a diversity hire for them to feel better about themselves.

sounds a little dramatic, but for all the "division" in America, I see a common enemy. I can empathize with black people when cam newton gets wrecked for a harmless comment but then the woman to whom it was directed, they circle the wagons to protect her...that she was the only female reporter in the room wasn't cam's fault...those decisions are made by the people that attacked him for said comments.

the media/Hollywood...total joke.

Posted by La Place Mike
West Florida Republic
Member since Jan 2004
28796 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:03 pm to
quote:

Throughout history, they have always been a breeding ground for reprobates, which is one of many reasons why acting was considered a low profession. This lasted for thousands of years until relatively recently (e.g. in Dead Poet's Society when Neil's father is humiliated that his son wants to be an actor, and that was set in the 50's.).

Very true. This reminds me of one of my favorite movies "My Favorite "year"

Here are a couple quotes from the movie.

"Stockbroker #1: [Looking over the edge of a balcony.] I think Alan Swan is beneath us!
Stockbroker #2: Of course he's beneath us. He's an actor!"

"Alan Swan: Damn you! I am not a actor, I am a movie star!
Posted by tiggerthetooth
Big Momma's House
Member since Oct 2010
61173 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:05 pm to
quote:

He’s a good actor. But he’s written and directed (and produced) as well. He manages his money well. He’s probably a pretty smart guy.

Or he hired decent people, but I can understand you're enthralled with his looks and it leads you to assume all sorts of positive traits about him based on the illusions he creates to display to public audiences. I mean, you're exactly what Hollywood strives for. They want you to believe in the illusion all the time.
Posted by ZIGG
Member since Dec 2016
10118 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:22 pm to
Funny how George Clooney, Johnny Depp, and Jennifer Lawrence were all born and raised in Kentucky, yet all three of them have gone on record bashing everything about where they came from. It's not a coincidence that all three of them read from the same script. It's the reason they are where they are today.

Their instructions? 1. Worship Hollywood and toe the Democratic party line at all times. 2. Bash anything and everything about middle America and the Republican party.

Clooney lectures everyone about evil capitalism and for everyone to take in Syrian refugees, yet he's not inviting anyone into any of his countless mansions across the world. Depp is so caught up in being a phony that he even speaks with a European accent. God only knows what Lawrence has had to do.
Posted by Bankshot
Member since Jun 2006
5374 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:25 pm to
quote:

what Lawrence has had to do

With the revelations out of Hollywood in the past two weeks, it gives us a clue.
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:31 pm to
quote:

I can understand you're enthralled with his looks
Too old. Not enough hair. How many times must I say it.
Posted by TheXman
Middle America
Member since Feb 2017
2975 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 1:33 pm to
quote:

Most CEOs don't have a college degree either

Excuse me?

first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram