Started By
re: .

Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:41 am to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
My point is that they were talking about all of this important stuff and at the forefront yet we know how they protected Weinstein

My point is that while uneducated people were talked about as being stupid and their opinions treated as being invalid all last year, we are supposed to listen to and take seriously the opinions of these uneducated people while they talk about the economy, healthcare, morality, politics, etc.

So the guy at Costco sucks but did you hear what Sarah Silverman had to say about healthcare??

The next academy awards are must see tv as far as I’m concerned. Not that they had credibility to begin with but it’s going to be really funny with the sexual assault elephant in the room. Are they going to lecture their colleagues or continue to lecture us...or both. I’m intrigued
Posted by Revelator
Member since Nov 2008
57896 posts

quote:

It became a show of who was wearing the red ribbon
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:44 am to
Yes, tech CEOS don’t have college degrees. Guys who started some of the first businesses in growing industries. I’m shocked

Clooney is a billionaire because he looks good and people like to watch him play pretend

I’m not saying people without degrees are dumb, the media often does that while treating the opinions of celebrities as if they’re giving expert testimony
This post was edited on 10/18/17 at 11:48 am
Posted by RogerTheShrubber
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:50 am to
quote:

So the guy at Costco sucks but did you hear what Sarah Silverman had to say about healthcare??

Great point
Posted by Ace Midnight
Between sanity and madness
Member since Dec 2006
89501 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:50 am to
Clooney said he wasn't offended by his portrayal in Smug Alert!

A big fan of the show since inception, his emailing (for you kids, "email" used to be a form of mass communication using a rudimentary version of the internet) copies of one of the Christmas shorts is credited for the show getting made as a series.

He also was Sparky (Stan's gay dog) and voiced a version of himself in the film (the E/R doctor who replaced Kenny's heart with a baked potato).

I've seen conflicting reports of whether Trey mimicked his voice, they used the recording from the ceremony or some combination, but Clooney indicated he would have recorded/re-recorded his voice if they had asked him.

Similar to Matt Damon and Clooney being upset with Team America: World Police - but only because their voices were mimicked - both indicated (and others did as well) they would have recorded their voices for scale.
Posted by upgrayedd
Lifting at Tobin's house
Member since Mar 2013
134845 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:52 am to
Oh yeah, I forgot about his involvement in the early days of the show.
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:53 am to
quote:

Clooney is a billionaire because he looks good and people like to watch him play pretend
He’s a good actor. But he’s written and directed (and produced) as well. He manages his money well. He’s probably a pretty smart guy.
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:56 am to
quote:

But he’s written and directed (and produced) as well. He manages his money well. He’s probably a pretty smart guy.

A lot of brilliant artists are totally clueless to how the real world works.
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 11:59 am to
quote:

A lot of brilliant artists are totally clueless to how the real world works.

Is your reality realer than his? He has employees, payrolls, and hundreds of millions in personal earnings and assets to manage. Some say that entitled one dotty celebrity to political power.
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:01 pm to
quote:

Is your reality realer than his? He has employees, payrolls, and hundreds of millions in personal earnings and assets to manage. Some say that entitled one dotty celebrity to political power.

Probably. I can deal with people from any background or socioeconomic level

If I had millions, I too could hire good people to manage my affairs.
Posted by Ebbandflow
Member since Aug 2010
13457 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:02 pm to
quote:

My point is that they were talking about all of this important stuff and at the forefront yet we know how they protected Weinstein

I worked at a job where the same exact thing happened. When people are afraid for their jobs and their source of income they tend to get real quiet. Very very sad thing but it doesn't mean you can discount their opinions of everything else.

quote:

My point is that while uneducated people were talked about as being stupid and their opinions treated as being invalid all last year

I think the uneducated term was a really nice way of calling a lot of trump supporters idiots. And I think maybe that you're right about the misuse of the uneducated term though I don't think you're point is really that big of a deal considering that Hollywood making social justice points doesn't really affect that much amongst everyday society
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

Probably. I can deal with people from any background or socioeconomic level
I not only can, I do. I have to. And you people think I live in a bubble.

quote:

If I had millions, I too could hire good people to manage my affairs
Could you hire the right ones? A lot of wealthy people get screwed on this front.
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

misuse of the uneducated term though I don't think you're point
Posted by Crow Pie
Neuro ICU - Tulane Med Center
Member since Feb 2010
25303 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:05 pm to
quote:

"Let's project virtue so we can rape people behind closed doors"
How can the elite let them into the little hollywood club if they cant take a rape or two to get ahead.
Posted by Parmen
Member since Apr 2016
18317 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:06 pm to
quote:

(for you kids, "email" used to be a form of mass communication using a rudimentary version of the internet)

Thanks professor. We didn't know what an email was.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:06 pm to
Again I’m not saying he’s intelligent or unintelligent

quote:

But he’s written and directed

Because he’s a star with money and pull...not because he’s good.

quote:

He manages his money well.
listening to other people who know more than you do is a virtue, but again I’m not saying he’s smart. I’m not saying he’s dumb. I’m saying Hollywood opinions are treated with unearned credibility
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260206 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:07 pm to
quote:

Could you hire the right ones?

Maybe.

Clooney got married without a prenup. I call that stupid. His wife is a lawyer
Posted by upgrayedd
Lifting at Tobin's house
Member since Mar 2013
134845 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:08 pm to
quote:

I worked at a job where the same exact thing happened. When people are afraid for their jobs and their source of income they tend to get real quiet. Very very sad thing but it doesn't mean you can discount their opinions of everything else.

I totally get that and completely understand.

The issue I have is that these people constantly pontificate to middle America while they know this shite is going on.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:10 pm to
quote:

do they turnaround and pat themselves on the back for being an outspoken advocate for issues of equality? And Clooney isn’t some employee. He’s so far in orbit he can’t be blackballed and if he wanted to expose someone like Weinstein he had the financial resources and microphone to do so

quote:

that Hollywood making social justice points doesn't really affect that much amongst everyday society

But it’s not just social justice, it’s taxes, healthcare. Jimmy Kimmel doesn’t know shite about either and apparently he has the pull to have discussions with sitting senators about it.
This post was edited on 10/18/17 at 12:13 pm
Posted by Ebbandflow
Member since Aug 2010
13457 posts
Posted on 10/18/17 at 12:12 pm to
quote:

misuse of the uneducated term though I don't think you're point

Voice to text. What are you going to do?
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram