32543 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:17 pm to
Actually, it wasn't him, but
Posted by tarzana
TX Hwy 6--Brazos River Backwater
Member since Sep 2015
26179 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:34 pm to
Well Edwards had a strong military resume, and supported family values. That was the clincher for values voters.
Posted by The Baker
This is fine.
Member since Dec 2011
16163 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:36 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 1/10/21 at 6:49 pm
Posted by TIGER2
Mandeville.La
Member since Jan 2006
10487 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:36 pm to
Give me Someone good to vote for and maybe I'll show up. My sheep days are over.
This post was edited on 5/29/17 at 9:37 pm
Posted by The Baker
This is fine.
Member since Dec 2011
16163 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:38 pm to
(no message)
This post was edited on 1/10/21 at 6:49 pm
Posted by TIGER2
Mandeville.La
Member since Jan 2006
10487 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:44 pm to
quote:

Quite the contrary, it appears. You fell for all of their talking points.

As soon as the V got the nod, I was out.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:48 pm to
quote:

Angelle and Dardenne wouldn't change their actions

Oh I have absolutely no doubt at all of this as those two are not team players and they never were.

Just last year in the house race against Clay Higgins, Angelle pulled the same old tricks of character assassination he used against Vitter in accusing him of being a deadbeat dad through releasing audio of him arguing with his ex wife and leaving out a convenient fact of the ex wife being a Jindal employee who supported Angelle. He's a real piece of shite.

Dardenne is one of the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen at the statehouse. He constantly championed himself as a fiscal conservative that's responsible with money and yet he constantly crusades for film welfare despite the fact that it provides Louisiana no significant ROI whatsoever and burns a hole in the state budget and he also cuts his staff's salary and calls it leading by example while also leaving out the fact that he gives himself raises or gets one from JBE.

Those two burnt down the cohesive unity of conservatives for a small outside chance of squeaking into the runoff against JBE and then stood on the sidelines and let a tax and spend liberal win the election when they didn't make it in. And now karma has their political careers dead in the shithouse.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:53 pm to
quote:

As soon as the V got the nod, I was out.

I voted against JBE and I have every right to complain about him doing shite that I do not support at all.

You don't as you did not vote against him.
Posted by Gaspergou202
Metairie, LA
Member since Jun 2016
13496 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 9:56 pm to
quote:

How many times did u vote for Jindal?

For governor? 3

The first two were great decisions.
The 3rd resulted in his wasted 2nd term. But in all fairness, myself and 66% of Louisiana didn't see a viable alternative!

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Now I did make up for it by not voting for Governor "My Honor Code is Tax and Spend"!
Posted by jimmy the leg
Member since Aug 2007
34151 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 10:10 pm to
Jindal had a massive artificial economy provided by FEMA that last most of his two terms. In addition, we had $110+ oil prices for an extended period. Even with these gifts from the economic gods, he drove us into the shitter to the tune of 2 billion dollars. This was seemingly done in an effort to look like an ultra conservative candidate in his bid to be the Republican presidential nominee. I voted for him twice, but frick that guy. FWIW, I didn't vote for JBE but damn, let's not have revisionist history in an attempt to make him look bad. He is doing that well enough on his own.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 10:17 pm to
quote:

Jindal had a massive artificial economy provided by FEMA that last most of his two terms. In addition, we had $110+ oil prices for an extended period.

I agree.

Honestly, these budget problems we're having today should've been happening around 2005-07 but all that Katrina and Rita federal money gave us 10-12 year reprieve.

quote:

Even with these gifts from the economic gods, he drove us into the shitter to the tune of 2 billion dollars.

Jindal was pretty decent his first term but he was so pathetic in his second and completely half assed his second term.

quote:

. This was seemingly done in an effort to look like an ultra conservative candidate in his bid to be the Republican presidential nominee.

And you know what karma is?

President Donald Trump completely rejecting Jindal for any and all kinds of federal jobs in his cabinet. Not even to head up some obscure, random alphabet soup federal agency.

That's poetic justice right there.
Posted by TigerRagAndrew
Check my style out
Member since Aug 2004
7217 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 11:08 pm to
If vitter runs again, yes
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 11:13 pm to
quote:

If vitter runs again, yes

quote:

I honestly would like to see how a rematch would go to see how many conservatives we do have here in Louisiana and whether or not people truly value low taxes, jobs and bringing more private investment to Louisiana.

If you have no problem letting a tax and spend, job killing liberal win just because the conservative makes you feel icky, you fricking suck arse as a voter.

It honestly would be a damn good social and political experiment with the added variable of everybody knowing that JBE is a tax and spend liberal democrat and the republican candidates will not be going scorched earth in character assassination against him for several months like Dardenne and Angelle did.
Posted by Gaspergou202
Metairie, LA
Member since Jun 2016
13496 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 11:29 pm to
quote:

Jindal had a massive artificial economy provided by FEMA that last most of his two terms. In addition, we had $110+ oil prices for an extended period.

True.
But this is normal in Louisiana. Edwin Edwards was wildly popular in the 70s oil boom but not so much later. He was a thief in every office he held.

No governor can fix Louisiana until as close to 100% of the budget becomes eligible to cuts. Bobby started cutting on state waste and fraud in his first term. He took on all comers and was send back for a second term with 66% of the vote. The next closes had 18%! And then he did nothing! He wanted to make no waves in a presidential run! The very definition of pissing away a good thing!

Now our current tax and spend libtard governor is making a bad situation worse! Will vote against him unless his opponent is Edwin or Duke. I lied. I'd vote for EWE hoping he would die quickly, and Duke since he would have no impact. Accomplishing nothing is better than accomplishing worse. I think.

Forgetting the first four of Jindal, and remembering only the last two is also revisiting history. Fortunately in a little over two years JBE will be history.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 11:42 pm to
quote:

No governor can fix Louisiana until as close to 100% of the budget becomes eligible to cuts. Bobby started cutting on state waste and fraud in his first term. He took on all comers and was send back for a second term with 66% of the vote.

Jindal's first term was pretty damn good and he would've wounded up as one of the best Governors we've ever had if he stuck to that in the second term.

quote:

And then he did nothing! He wanted to make no waves in a presidential run! The very definition of pissing away a good thing!

And like I said earlier, sweet karma and poetic justice was his bullshite Presidential run being dead in the water before the primaries started and then President Donald Trump making sure he does not get any job in his administration.

That cowardly and opportunist swine that calls himself Bobby Jindal truly deserved no less than that.

quote:

Fortunately in a little over two years JBE will be history.

Not if morons who think electing a Governor is like voting for their pastor/preist get their way again like they did with JBE.

There are people in this thread who call themselves conservatives that has no problem letting a job killing, tax and spend libtard stay in office just because the responsible pro growth fiscal conservative doesn't make their fee fees feel better.

They make me sick.
Posted by DupontsCircle
Dupont Circle
Member since Jun 2016
5823 posts
Posted on 5/29/17 at 11:46 pm to
This state won't produce any real executive leadership until you incentivize talent to stay. Until then...enjoy the likes of JBE.
Posted by skinny domino
sebr
Member since Feb 2007
14340 posts
Posted on 5/30/17 at 1:28 am to
quote:

Wtf is this anyway? how does it apply to our lives in any way meaningful way if JBE has "family values".
naw - it's kinda like Tony Perkins and Gene Mills shaking a bible and yelling family values - a lot of the republicans use it, so, why not JBE?
Posted by JustLivinTheDream
Member since Jan 2017
3497 posts
Posted on 5/30/17 at 1:38 am to
Let's face it, Louisiana is screwed. Our politicians suck and we've got plenty of sorry arse citizens residing in our state. Hopefully nobody is planning on things changing anytime soon. Take care of your own to the best of your abilities because our state government is a joke and things aren't going to get better in the short term.

Maybe one day in 10-15 years we'll have begun to make some progress but I ain't counting on it.
Posted by ShenandoahCanine
In the shadow of Stonewall's Tomb
Member since Apr 2016
47 posts
Posted on 5/30/17 at 2:28 am to
Yep, Lester Maddox and George Wallace, and Earl Long are dead. However, our new prez reminds me a whole lot of them.
Fwiw, I'm a native Georgian, and Lester was the best governor we ever had in my lifetime to date. Also, Richard Russell and Herman Talmadge and Sam Nunn were light years better senators than all these neocons they have elected since.
Posted by tigersbh
Baton Rouge
Member since Oct 2005
10258 posts
Posted on 5/30/17 at 3:53 am to
quote:

All the religious nuts who would vote for a piece of dog shif like JBE

You sound like a real devout Christian, between the foul language and running down of other Christians.

I held my nose and voted for Vitter, btw.
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 3Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram