re: .

Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:17 am to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:17 am to
I don't know. As it stands now it's turning out to be a bad decision

I don't even think she's been on tv yet and NBC hasn't been promoting her as far as I know
Posted by Rockbrc
Attic
Member since Nov 2015
7914 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:18 am to
Dan Rather seemed to go up the ladder pretty quickly a few years ago. Went down the ladder pretty quickly, too.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:21 am to
i see rather started at an affiliate in Houston

Damn he had a long fricking career
Posted by JuiceTerry
Roond the Scheme
Member since Apr 2013
40868 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:22 am to
Bro, you are obsessed with Fox news
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:23 am to
I love tv man...this is the best shite to happen since the jay leno/conan nbc debacle

team jay bro
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:24 am to
quote:

Fox news

quote:

Fox Mulder

Hmmmm. Fox is all in on this, that's for sure. He's a bit if a strange duck, though, by his own admission.
Posted by Al Bundy Bulldog
The Grindfather
Member since Dec 2010
35807 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:28 am to
Jimmy Fallon
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:28 am to
dude, look at the turnover on a major cable network. and not as a result of ratings. it's got it all drama, egos, professional jealousy, rubbing falafels on pussy.

seriously, even when cnn sacked everyone it was big news, but that was because nobody was watching.

pretty soon they're going to be dragging guys out of the mail room and putting them on air.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:31 am to
quote:

Jimmy Fallon

it's pretty nuts he's so young and he's at the top. but he didn't wake up and roll out of bed and they said "hey, here's the tonight show"
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:32 am to
quote:

dude, look at the turnover on a major cable network. and not as a result of ratings. it's got it all drama, egos, professional jealousy, rubbing falafels on pussy.

seriously, even when cnn sacked everyone it was big news, but that was because nobody was watching.

pretty soon they're going to be dragging guys out of the mail room and putting them on air.

It's a big deal until you realize that none of these people really matter that much. They'll put someone up there who can spout O'Reilly's vanilla, "wrapped in a flag" shtick and life will go on.

But it's not my place to tell people how to get their kicks, so be my guest. I haven't watched Bill since the late 90s and it had nothing to do with ideology or even the fact that he's kind of an a-hole.

I just got bored. There was nothing about his show that really stands out unless your primary emotional need is to feel like some old guy is "on your side."
Posted by The Pirate King
Pangu
Member since May 2014
57676 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:36 am to
quote:

SE Cupp

...Knows exactly what she is doing to guys with what she wears and how she acts.

Absolute smoke show.
Posted by Dandy Lion
Member since Feb 2010
50249 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:38 am to
quote:

He absolutely needs a daily segment on the show called "Can't Cuck the Tuck."

Ratings Bonanza.

His schtick is getting old already (and I like the guy).
Posted by Blue Velvet
Apple butter toast is nice
Member since Nov 2009
20112 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:38 am to
quote:

sean Hannity going to kill himself?
If there was a god...
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:40 am to
quote:

these people really matter that much
things are relative...obviously if you're oprah, jay leno, rush Limbaugh, letterman, stern or someone like that...yeah.

speaking of which I remember when o'reilly interviewed howard stern...and it pretty much sums up everything I don't like about him, but stern really throws him off and it's pretty great to watch. you can tell o'reilly has no sense of humor

This post was edited on 4/20/17 at 12:17 pm
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:43 am to
quote:

you can tell o'reilly has no sense of humor
I don't know. He may have one. But there are people you've never met whom you can observe for a while and easily conclude that you probably wouldn't be able sit at a dinner table with them for more than 30 minutes or so. Bill's probably pretty insufferable.

But that's not what got him fired.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:43 am to
quote:

I haven't watched Bill since the late 90s and it had nothing to do with ideology or even the fact that he's kind of an a-hole
you think I watch o'reilly, but I don't.

bravo is my go to network. I know o'reilly's show backwards and forwards because my step father loved his show and when I was watching tucker every night i'd catch the beginning or end (depending on tucker's timeslot) of o'reillys show. the only thing that seemed different was the watters world segement (lame) and word of the day (lamer)

you know i'm strange, why would you think I find that appealing?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:46 am to
quote:

But that's not what got him fired.
we're not even talking about that.

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:49 am to
quote:

There was nothing about his show that really stands out unless your primary emotional need is to feel like some old guy is "on your side."
you just described the whole cable news industry. I agree. I wish there would be variety shows. what's amazing enough is they do conflict tv and it's still boring. I just like tucker because he brings these whackos on and they're entertaining as shite when you push them.

alex jones losing his shite on piers morgan is still the highlight of cable news tv. it was just fricking phenomenal.
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:49 am to
quote:

we're not even talking about that.
That's true.

Back to the subject. Tucker's rises is more a condemnation of the modern polipop media than a testimony to his talent. Again, I try to see what people are seeing and I just can't. And, FWIW, the kid's been around for over 20 years. You're either my age or perhaps a bit older, so you surely remember the previous incarnations of Tucker--notably on Crossfire. Is he really better now than he was then, or has he just found his audience?

Honestly asking...
Posted by Navytiger74
Member since Oct 2009
50458 posts
Posted on 4/20/17 at 11:53 am to
quote:

you just described the whole cable news industry. I agree.
I'm fricking with you dude. I know you can't help it when you fixate on some shite. I know you don't actually give a shite about O'Reilly or Fox, though you probably are concerned about the SJW angle.

As I said, though, sure the SJWs had their knives out. But when you know you have enemies ready to eat you alive at the first smell of blood (or the last) why keep giving them opportunity?
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram