re: .

Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:00 pm to
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
422470 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:00 pm to
quote:

The media and our political environment are not going to get better with Trump up to his usual antics.

the media isn't going to get better as long as a Republican is in office

Trump has given reason to be criticized for sure, but GWB was overly criticized in a way that Obama and Clinton never were. much of the major US media is partisan and coordinated with the Democratic party. that's just the reality we live in. much of Trump's appeal is that he's willing to spar with them and not cower to them like most traditional GOPers (where "cucks" came from)
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:01 pm to
quote:

Aren't you some sort of minor bureaucrat?
Posted by wfallstiger
Wichita Falls, Texas
Member since Jun 2006
11431 posts
I am more than happy to go back further in time...let's begin with the decade of the 60s and move forward. There has been a consistent and constant lather from the media left and has continued unabated for long enough. BHO is nothing more than another in a series of anothers who have steered this nation into a ditch, he is just the most recent. Doesn't mean the Right is beyond reproach but for the love of mary open your mind to how slanted our news has become
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Member since Jan 2004
422470 posts
quote:

There is a distinction between challenging/criticizing and doing what trump is doing

can you give an operative definition of "what he's doing"?
Posted by CaptChandler
Polis
Member since Sep 2016
2427 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:02 pm to
quote:

a single productive statement to bring the country together since his election

You obviously did not see his victory speech.

quote:

His core constituency views their political adversaries as sub-human.

Ah, there's the obligatory sweeping generalization. I could turn that statement to reflect you and your side, as many of you call Trump and his supporters racists, bigots, sexists, etc... But I won't do that.

Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:02 pm to
quote:

how slanted our news has become
I mean...Fox News exists so I am not sure media bias is limited to the left.
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Member since Jan 2004
422470 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:03 pm to
quote:

I mean...Fox News exists

a single outlet
Posted by RogerTheShrubber
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260547 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:04 pm to
quote:

m saying i havent seen him make a single productive statement to bring the country together since his election

Just continuing the policy of his predecessor. Nothing changes.
Posted by wfallstiger
Wichita Falls, Texas
Member since Jun 2006
11431 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:05 pm to
Don't believe they were around in the 60s and are a response to what has been
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112475 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:05 pm to
quote:

Im saying i havent seen him make a single productive statement to bring the country together since his election.

What did Obama say in 8 years that brought the country together?
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112475 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:08 pm to
quote:

Fox News exists so I am not sure media bias is limited to the left.

So, you don't know the difference between 5% and 95%? How sad.
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:16 pm to
quote:

Don't believe they were around in the 60s
Neither was I So I don't have much to offer on the behavior of news outlets almost 60 years ago.

What I do know is that people on the right AND left prefer editorial style news to objective reporting. This is clearly evidenced by the popularity of editorial style news programs relative to regular reporting. The most popular "news" program in the country is Bill O' Reilly who is a registered Republican, and prolific critic of the American left.
The problem is not in the right or left. The problem is people don't WANT news. They want an editorial to confirm their existing biases.

If you or anyone else here thinks that this is a left-wing phenomenon then you have drank the Kool-Aid you claim to despise. Wake up.
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:31 pm to
It would help if this board just once missed its quota of having a regular poster make a disparaging comment about my race in a completely unrelated response to one of my posts. Of course to massive upvotes and applause. Little is done here to dissuade any stereotypes surrounding Trump supporters. In fact folks go out of their way to confirm the very worst of them.
Posted by LSUTANGERINE
Baton Rouge LA
Member since Sep 2006
36113 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 12:34 pm to
quote:

It makes for a good show, but I don't think it's productive. The media and our political environment are not going to get better with Trump up to his usual antics.

Productivity? That does not matter to the Trumpkins. As long as people are put in their place with tweets and petulant stubbornness, all is good .
The melt from this crowd will be awesome during the next four years.
Posted by Centinel
Idaho
Member since Sep 2016
43337 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 1:06 pm to
quote:

It would help if this board just once missed its quota of having a regular poster make a disparaging comment about my race in a completely unrelated response to one of my posts. Of course to massive upvotes and applause. Little is done here to dissuade any stereotypes surrounding Trump supporters. In fact folks go out of their way to confirm the very worst of them.

Then why do you still post here?
Posted by NIH
Member since Aug 2008
112632 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 1:08 pm to
Is that all you are capable of ? Race card?
Posted by bencoleman
RIP 7/19
Member since Feb 2009
37887 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 1:19 pm to
Idiot
Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 1:35 pm to
So you are asking why i dont allow racial remarks and insults to intimidate me away from using this public board. Really?

Posted by Tigerdev
Member since Feb 2013
12287 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 1:36 pm to
Its not called a race card if you are responding to someone who makes a blatantly racist remark. But you are an open racist yourself and proud of it... Sooo....
Posted by NIH
Member since Aug 2008
112632 posts
Posted on 1/11/17 at 1:37 pm to
It's all you do on here. Sad!
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram