re: .

Posted on 7/30/14 at 9:32 pm to
Posted by Samso
nyc
Member since Jun 2013
4730 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 9:32 pm to
quote:

Rush Limbaugh has an agenda, which is to press the anger button of the average straight white male conservative and incite them into a frenzy so they will feel validated and keep listening. It's a pretty good business model obviously and he's had a lot of success doing it, i congratulate him on it, but please don't tell me with a straight face that he is some kind of legitimate source for political thought. I mean you're not that dumb, are you? If that's what you're looking for, read the WSJ or something. At least they (for the most part) publish real thinkers and not 2 bit hacks like Rush.

frick Yeah!
Posted by trackfan
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2010
19691 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 9:39 pm to
Limbaugh's mistake was that he resigned rather than forcing ESPN to fire him. When there was all the controversy about his comments a few years ago, I thought to myself, "They hired Rush Limbaugh and then they're shocked that he acts like Rush Limbaugh?"

By the way, Whoopi Goldberg went much further than Stephen A. Smith, they both work for the same company, so why hasn't she been suspended?
This post was edited on 7/30/14 at 9:40 pm
Posted by Draconian Sanctions
Markey's bar
Member since Oct 2008
84849 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 9:45 pm to
i don't keep up with whoopi at all but if you're right and she made equally bad comments i will agree she should be suspended as well
Posted by mmcgrath
Indianapolis
Member since Feb 2010
35391 posts
quote:

political correctness
The dude was making snide comments implying that it was the woman's fault that Ray Rice knocked her out and then dragged her around by her ankles like it was no big deal.

While technically "politically incorrect" I think the comments went a bit beyond that.
Posted by Draconian Sanctions
Markey's bar
Member since Oct 2008
84849 posts
quote:

The dude was making snide comments implying that it was the woman's fault that Ray Rice knocked her out and then dragged her around by her ankles like it was no big deal.

While technically "politically incorrect" I think the comments went a bit beyond that.

a rare dose of poli board sanity
Posted by Meauxjeaux
98836 posts including my alters
Member since Jun 2005
39937 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:12 pm to
quote:

Shall I continue or have you decided you'd rather not know what people say? ? 

Cause I hear shite like this all the time 

Wow. I live in the racist south and have never heard anything like those comments. That's insane.
Posted by trackfan
Baton Rouge
Member since Sep 2010
19691 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:20 pm to
quote:

Why did the police initially charge both Rice and his wife after they saw the elevator video?
Posted by mmcgrath
Indianapolis
Member since Feb 2010
35391 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:25 pm to
quote:

a rare dose of poli board sanity
I apologize. I will try to leave that for the soccer board.
Posted by Jagd Tiger
The Kinder, Gentler Jagd
Member since Mar 2014
18139 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:31 pm to
quote:

Political Correctness really mirrors the story of the Emperor's New Clothes. It doesn't actually exist unless you let it exist.

So you think Opies pal, Anthony really just quit or do you think he was actually fired?

Posted by mmcgrath
Indianapolis
Member since Feb 2010
35391 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:32 pm to
quote:

Why did the police initially charge both Rice and his wife after they saw the elevator video?
I have no idea. I would love to see the video myself.
Posted by RogerTheShrubber
Juneau, AK
Member since Jan 2009
260333 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:35 pm to
quote:

i bet they all vote republican too, don't they?

More P.B. insanity from D.S.
Posted by MadDoggyStyle
Member since Feb 2012
3857 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:52 pm to
Ironically, Rush caved to media and advertiser pressure when he apologized for calling Sandra Fluke a slut. So, yeah, he knows who these people are that strike fear in his wallet.
Posted by Jagd Tiger
The Kinder, Gentler Jagd
Member since Mar 2014
18139 posts
Posted on 7/30/14 at 10:53 pm to
quote:

quote:

Political Correctness really mirrors the story of the Emperor's New Clothes. It doesn't actually exist unless you let it exist.
=========================

So you think Opies pal, Anthony really just quit or do you think he was actually fired?

Notice how Imus "nappy headed hoes" almost got him fired.

Political correctness is really just the underlying logical extension of gender/race/class warfare and the identity politics that drive it. Current history demonstrates that it's far MORE REAL if the offending party comes from a certain segment of society.

It would be nice to think that people are beyond allowing words to bother them but there's far too much gain to be had by being offended.
This post was edited on 7/30/14 at 10:54 pm
Posted by KingBarkus
New Orleans
Member since Nov 2009
8338 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:23 pm to
quote:

2. The term PC was originated by Danesh D'Souza. If someone can pre date it I'd love to see it.

I remember in the 80's reading the newspaper at lunch including the opinion page. John Leo wrote thought-provoking anti-PC articles while making intellectual arguments against PC.

John Leo
Posted by Hog Zealot
On the Flats
Member since Mar 2012
1626 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:36 pm to
quote:

(BTW....Woooo...was originated by Rick Flair if you don't count Indians attacking the stage coach).

Arkansas Razorbacks hog call would like a word with you. Started in the 20's when fans tried to inspire the players. Surely, that predates those stagecoach Indian movies.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112459 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:36 pm to
quote:

Whoopi Goldberg went much further than Stephen A. Smith, they both work for the same company, so why hasn't she been suspended?

Track, will you tell me what Stephen A. Smith said? I don't want to wade through tons of posts about 'oooh, he said that' when no body tells me what the hell he said. TIA.
Posted by TK421
Baton Rouge
Member since Oct 2011
10411 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:40 pm to
quote:

Whoopi Goldberg went much further than Stephen A. Smith

If we are having an adult conversation, let's just admit that Stephen A. comes across as the stereotypical angry black male. As such, his leash when discussing domestic violence is much shorter than Whoopi's. Women, in general, can get away with much more in the media than men.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112459 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:44 pm to
quote:

Ironically, Rush caved to media and advertiser pressure when he apologized for calling Sandra Fluke a slut. So, yeah, he knows who these people are that strike fear in his wallet.

He has since made fun of Sandra Fluke a dozen times. Try to listen in.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112459 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:49 pm to
quote:

I remember in the 80's reading the newspaper at lunch including the opinion page. John Leo wrote thought-provoking anti-PC articles while making intellectual arguments against PC.

Thanks. DeSouza's book was 1991 so he might have gotten it from Leo.
Posted by Zach
Gizmonic Institute
Member since May 2005
112459 posts
Posted on 7/31/14 at 3:51 pm to
quote:

Arkansas Razorbacks hog call would like a word with you. Started in the 20's when fans tried to inspire the players. Surely, that predates those stagecoach Indian movies.

Good point.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram