1. don't have sex 2. use a condom 3. get a vascetomy
People who spew this rhetoric are just as bad as Health classes teaching children about abstinence instead of safe sex.
Entertain these points for a second:
1. It takes two people to initiate consensual sexual contact.
2. The only way to be 100% safe guarded from unwanted fertilization is to avoid sexual contact 100%. This falls on BOTH genders, not just men and not just women.
3. Should an unwanted pregnancy result from sexual contact, women carry 100% of the load until the moment of birth (this is indisputable). Which should entitle them to 100% of the decision making power up until the moment of birth.
4. At the moment of birth the decision making power should fall 50/50 since both parties involved in said pregnancy ideally shoulder the load of raising said child.
Perceived inequality falls partially on nature and partially on women. A woman knows without a doubt that she is the mother of said child. A father does not have this luxury. Women can name a father without proof and the courts will hold him liable for child support until the moment this child turns 18.
My opinion on how to make this better serve both parties is:
1. Mandatory Paternity tests on all children to determine legitimacy.
2. Better system of accountability to determine that funds being received by custodial parents are being used for the well being of the child. Example: If I pay 500$ a month in child support, I should be entitled to a receipt of all goods/services utilized in the care of my child.
These 2 things may not be perfect. But they would go a long way to evening up the field. I also doubt we'll ever see this implemented.