Spinoff from taxable income | TigerDroppings.com

Posted byMessage
North Carolina Fan
Chapel Hill
Member since Aug 2010
9623 posts

Spinoff from taxable income

Hypo: You work for State X. You are told that you can receive more income and not get taxed as much if you start a Partnership, LLC, Corporation etc., so that your payments can go to the business instead of just to you through the state.

1) Does this make sense?

2) If this makes sense, would you do it?

Back to top
Troy Fan
Member since Nov 2009
10203 posts

re: Spinoff from taxable income

I'm not sure if I quite understand what you are asking. Why would they want to pay you outside of their system? Reduce payroll? And also wouldn't they have to pay you more when you are a consultant? Just seems sketch or unneccessary to me.

Back to top
  Replies (0)

Back to top