you would think it would be a year round problem
10 years ago I showed them who was boss. Had very few birds.
The start of this year my field was covered with them.
After a few shooting parties there is less than 5 birds that stay there at any given time.
I did hear a female mallard for the first time ever this morning.
I have had many firsts this year in my pond.
1. First time I see a Pouldeau (sp) Coot.
2. First time I came up on 2 snakes having coitus.
3. First time I see a soft shell turtle.
4. First time I have mallards in the pond.
5. First time I see deer (2) in the pond.
6. First time the plug comes out of the boat and nearly sinks me. Did it twice.
7. First time I have the same airplane fly over my pond for several days. GW?
8. First time I see a mink in the pond.
Also found some kind of dam between my levees filled with thick grass, it was huge and have no idea what makes this.