BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON THE LATEST iOS VERSION AND YOU UPDATED VIA iTUNES AND NOT OVER THE AIR (OTA)
Cydia is still being updated (mobile substrate is good to go) at this time. As expected, there are numerous apps, tweaks, functions, etc. not working right now. It'll be a work in progress. iTunes Download Page iOS 7 Jailbreak Cydia Creator's Twitter Feed What is Jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking is basically adding software to your phone that opens up the operating system. By doing this it enables you to install "tweaks" or programs that will for example speed up animations like opening/closing folders, or a program that will open up hidden settings withing the control center that Apple used to test iOS7 with. *There are many many more tweaks and things out there so customization is almost endless
You can also install themes to further customize the layout of your homescreen and/or lockscreen.
Other people use jailbreaking a phone or ipad to do other things with such as getting around having to have tethering built into your phone plan, etc.
Take a little time and google some articles on the pros of jailbreaking and what it actually is.
Repo.insanelyi.com - to add this, Open Cydia, go to Manage -> Sources -> Edit -> Add -> type in the address "repo.insanelyi.com", -> Add Anyway Apps/Tweaks Simplock
- Removes the ">Slide to Unlock" label F.lux
- Warms up your screen to match your lighting at night NoNewsIsGoodNews
- Hides the Newsstand app PandoraSkips
- Unlimited skips in Pandora App SwipeSelection
- Swipe keyboard left or right to move cursor in a text, email, etc. Zeppelin
- Replaces carrier text with image Springtomize
- Customize your springboard HiddenSettings7
- Springtomize on 'roids Actionslider
- kill all apps from app switcher Applocker
- put passwords on apps/folders Grooveshark
- music player where you pick songs/playlists Grooveshark Enhancer
- unlimited free trial ToneEnabler
- allows you to make ringtones MapsOpener
- makes Google maps default map Percentage
- only shows battery percentage when you have less than 20% ClearFolders
- transparent background on folders Winterboard Themes iPhone 4/4s
**TBA** iPhone 5/5s
**TBA** Programs to access phone files
(tweak Zeppelin logos, adjust weather zip codes for themes, etc.) iFunBox (Windows) iExplorer (Mac) Zeppelin Instructions
Once you download that you will open it up and then you will connect your phone to your Mac or PC.
Once ifunbox recognizes and loads your phone you will look down at the bottom on the left hand side of the window and look for "Raw File System". Click on that.
Once you've done that on the right you will see a bunch of folders. Look for and double click on "Library". Then look for and double click on "Zeppelin".
Now you should be seeing folders with names like Nike, Apple, Android, and some others.
Open one of those up that you don't think you would use.
Get the images you want to use whether it's the eye of the tiger images or the LSU images and put them on your desktop. Make sure that they are named dark@2x and light@2x.
If using the LSU image the gold LSU should be named dark and the purple should be named light. The eye of the tiger doesn't matter as much.
So once that's done drag and drop them in the folder you have opened. Once they are in there, right click on logo@2x and black@2x and delete them. Otherwise you will get a black and white silhouette of the images or a black and white box.
Once you've done that go into settings on your phone and scroll down to zeppelin and tap on the folder that you dropped images in. This should then replace your carrier name with the image.
This post was edited on 1/12 at 8:50 am