I've been using Beats Solo HDs for about a year now. I'm getting tired of all the bass, so I'm shopping around for new headphones.
I recently purchased some Sennheiser HD 558 headphones to possibly replace my Beats. I bought them off Amazon and they just came in today.
- A LOT more crisp and clear than the Beats
- Comfortable over-the-ear style
- Seems to be a quality product; built well
- Not loud enough; I'm not trying to blow out my ear drums regularly, but with volume turned all the way up on these, they're not loud.
- Sound leakage while wearing them is very poor. Don't really need my boss walking up to my desk and hearing "I'm in that two seat Lambo with your girl, she tryna jerk me."
- Lacks in bass a little. I understand I'll have to sacrifice some bass for the clearer sound, but even on my bassier songs, these seem underpowered.
I'm leaning towards returning these to Amazon and trying a new pair. Possibly Sennheiser again, just a better model.
Can any OT audiophiles point me in the right direction? I figure since most constantly hate on Beats, if I'm switching, I should get plenty of sound advice. Pun intended.
tl;dr: Had Beats, want a change. Need new headphone suggestions with these qualities:
- Over the ear style
- Decent to minimal on sound leakage
- Decent, non-overpowering bass
- Crisp, clear sound
- High volumes possible
This post was edited on 11/29 at 5:59 pm