re: .

Posted on 9/17/10 at 12:57 pm to
Posted by St Augustine
The Pauper of the Surf
Member since Mar 2006
64183 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 12:57 pm to
quote:

Last I remember it cost me 50k to go to college in the early 1990's.

how much money did you make for your college

quote:

How much are they saving now with the scholarships? 50k-100k or more?

If they were allowed to go to the NFL before the ridiculous 3 year rule then they wouldn't have to use college FB to showcase their skills.

quote:

Quit making excuses, you're not a victim, you're a beneficiary.

Reggie busting his arse to become an elite college runningback/top draft pick made him what he is. It's not like he signed with USC and then had the NFL knocking at his door.

quote:

Had there not been this big money game of college football, Reggie would be doing some anonymous job making 30k per year.

False...had there not been this big money game of the NFL. Reggie would be doing some anonymous job making 30k per year.
Posted by goatmilker
Castle Anthrax
Member since Feb 2009
64322 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 12:59 pm to
Then he better get the check book ready unless he's made the 'proper' political donations.

All the points you made just furthers my point that him coming clean as it were has complications that goes with it
This post was edited on 9/17/10 at 1:13 pm
Posted by jdrumdog
baton rouge, la
Member since Jan 2010
7655 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 1:05 pm to
quote:

tigerguy121

Chillax man.
Posted by TexasTiger6777
Surrounded by Longhorns and Aggies
Member since Jan 2008
3079 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 1:51 pm to
Reggie Reggie Reggie
Posted by tigerguy121
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2006
10695 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 2:42 pm to
quote:

better get the check book ready unless he's made the 'proper' political donations

Doubt he needs the checkbook. If they were going to come after him they would have by now.

Reggie just doesn't want to admit he broke the rules.
Posted by CP3LSU25
Louisiana
Member since Feb 2009
51150 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 3:03 pm to
quote:

"My mom and dad didn't want me to give it back

Those greedy bastards were part of the problem
Posted by ItTakesAThief
Scottsdale, Arizona
Member since Dec 2009
9191 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 3:36 pm to

After Rejjie gave back the trophy, he should not have said "its not an admission of guilt."

He should have simply said I gave back the trophy, Im worried about the future, I am not discussing it anymore.

Posted by JasonL79
Member since Jan 2010
6397 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 4:54 pm to
The only thing I don't understand is why Reggie doesn't tell his side of the story? He says he isn't guilty so he should be able to tell his side. Is there a lawsuit pending over this?
Posted by goatmilker
Castle Anthrax
Member since Feb 2009
64322 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 6:41 pm to
Doubt he needs the checkbook. If they were going to come after him they would have by now.

Reggie just doesn't want to admit he broke the rules.

1. There is no doubt.
2. No one knows when or if they will come after him. Not even you.
3. Reggie just doesn't want to admit he broke the rules.
That seems to be the point we are debating.
Posted by BTRDD
Member since Jun 2009
3396 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 8:08 pm to
quote:

Reggie is just shameless. Man up and place the blame on yourself. All this bs about the players not getting paid is garbage. Last I remember it cost me 50k to go to college in the early 1990's. How much are they saving now with the scholarships? 50k-100k or more? Quit making excuses, you're not a victim, you're a beneficiary. Had there not been this big money game of college football, Reggie would be doing some anonymous job making 30k per year

I've been saying the same thing. That scholarship is worth over a $100,000 plus the returns on the degree itself. Housing is paid for. I'm sure athletes have meals provided as well. To sit there and say these poor kids aren't getting anything for their playing football is insane.
Posted by easybreesy
baton rouge,La.
Member since Dec 2009
2121 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 9:38 pm to
lost alot of respect for him over this..he was totally busted.. he should of admitted he was wrong and was dishonest/broke the rules and been humble....and people would move on and forgive him and cut him the slack....give the trophy back? but not admit you did nothing wrong....?,,fricking ridiculous......
Posted by tigerguy121
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2006
10695 posts
Posted on 9/17/10 at 9:51 pm to
quote:

2. No one knows when or if they will come after him. Not even you.

No one knows when or if the world will end but I'm not living in a bomb shelter waiting for it.

People can use common sense(and their expensive legsl tesm)and have a good sense of what will or won't happen
Posted by Patch
Westlake, TX
Member since Jan 2010
2654 posts
Posted on 9/18/10 at 7:20 am to
Reggie decided to take a silent jab at the NCAA here...
quote:

"Whatever the NCAA has, whatever programs they have, aren't working and it needs to be changed. If it's not changed, it's going to continue and it hasn't stopped yet," Bush said

Posted by VOR
Member since Apr 2009
63484 posts
Posted on 9/18/10 at 7:46 am to
From a legal perspective, after his original comments I would want him to make it clear that he has not "admitted" to anything. No matter what evidence the goverment or a private body may have against you, an "admission against interest" can make it much, much worse in court.
Posted by tigerguy121
Baton Rouge
Member since Jun 2006
10695 posts
Posted on 9/18/10 at 10:27 am to
quote:

From a legal perspective, after his original comments I would want him to make it clear that he has not "admitted" to anything. No matter what evidence the goverment or a private body may have against you, an "admission against interest" can make it much, much worse in court.

My opinion is he is denying cause he doesn't want to take responsibility, not avoid legal repercussions(though that in a way is avoiding taking responsibility).

Has any NCAA player been prosecuted for taking money? Not in my memory.

Regardless it's over so hope he has 3 TDs Monday night.
Posted by goatmilker
Castle Anthrax
Member since Feb 2009
64322 posts
Posted on 9/18/10 at 1:06 pm to
It would seem that he doesn't want to take responsibility and he has competent legal representation.

Saints win.

And he scores 3+ T.D.'s since he's my ringer on my FF team.

congrats on the 8888

This post was edited on 9/18/10 at 1:10 pm
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram