Posted on 4/23/13 at 3:50 pm to
Posted by TreyAnastasio
Bitch I'm From Cleveland
Member since Dec 2010
46759 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 3:50 pm to
quote:

Funkhausers delivery gets me man.

Joke is amazingly funny, and a good test for whether or not I will be friends with someone.
Posted by WhalingVessel
Member since Dec 2008
245 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:03 pm to
Oh, Larry David...wood detective.
Posted by Melvin
Member since Apr 2011
23535 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:04 pm to
quote:

It murders this show. I wouldn't even put it in the discussion.
At it's best it's up there with those others. Obviously it's not as good as a whole series now but prime Office is great.
Posted by WhalingVessel
Member since Dec 2008
245 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:05 pm to
My screen name comes from curb
Posted by BottomlandBrew
Member since Aug 2010
27079 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:07 pm to
quote:

Curb's greatest season was the last one. I hope they do another. The Palastinain chicken place was great. As was the "Performance Enhancing" episode. shite even the one with Bill Buckner was great.

Plus no Cheryl. Season 8 was amazing.
Posted by Peazey
Metry
Member since Apr 2012
25418 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:11 pm to
I just found this on the IMDB for Curb:

quote:

In 2003 a man named Juan Catalan was arrested for a murder in Los Angeles. He repeatedly professed his innocence and asked to take a lie detector test, a request that the police denied. He also had an alibi: he swore that at the time of the murder he was at Dodger Stadium with his little girl, watching the Dodgers vs. the Braves, but his lawyer was unable to find him in any of the Dodger Vision or FOX footage he subpoenaed. However, he discovered that there was another source of crowd footage in the episode Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Car Pool Lane, which had filmed at Dodger Stadium that night. Although Catalan did not make the final cut of the show, his lawyer was able to find him and his daughter in the outtakes, and determined from the timestamps on the tapes that Catalan could not have been the killer. When told that his show had released a wrongfully accused man from prison and a trial that could have led to the death penalty, Larry David commented, "I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life, albeit inadvertently."

Pretty cool, huh?
Posted by Byron Bojangles III
Member since Nov 2012
51625 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:24 pm to
quote:

The Larry: 10 Teachable Moments in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Assholery

10. The Moment: The Disabled Stall

The Larry: Larry emerges from a disabled bathroom stall only to find a man in a wheelchair, disgusted by his assumption that said stall is open to everyone. Larry says the other stalls were occupied. "Well, then you wait!" the man replies. Later that day, David returns to the bathroom, only to find the same man, using the "normal" stall. Larry corrects him, calling it an "able-bodied" stall, and returns the favor: "Well, then you wait. You wait!"

The Lesson: There is no such thing as normal.

9. The Moment: The Stop and Chat

The Larry: A man on the sidewalk approaches Larry as if he knows him. He says hello, and turns to engage in conversation; a classic Stop and Chat. Larry has none of it and walks right along. This is exactly what we all want to do almost everyday.

The Lesson: Not everyone is worth your time.

8. The Moment: The House Tour

The Larry: After Larry's manager Jeff and his wife Susie purchase a new home, the cantankerous Mrs. Greene offers Larry a tour of their new digs. Larry's response: "You know? That's OK. I get it." Then, as is her wont, she unleashes a torrent of expletives and shuts Larry down. Larry halfheartedly apologizes, and she curses some more.

The Lesson: Sometimes you have to let people have their moment.

7. The Moment: Pro Deaf

The Larry: During a lovely outdoor morning breakfast with his wife, Cheryl, Larry admires the sounds of the singing birds. "Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm deaf and try to imagine what it would be like not to be able to hear them. Not so bad."

The Lesson: Don't believe everything they tell you.

6. The Moment: The Doctor's Phone

The Larry: As we noted, Larry lives by his own rules. If he sees a phone and he needs a phone, he will use a phone. Even in a doctor's office. Doctors don't like that. Still, you got to make your phone call.

The Lesson: Screw protocol. Sometimes the rules do not apply to you.

5. The Moment: The Valet

The Larry: An African-American man in a vest and red tie stands beside the valet ticket counter. Larry approaches and hands him his keys. "Yeah, I'm not the valet. It is possible for black people to have other jobs." Larry apologizes and the man flatly says, "You fricked up" and walks away.

The Lesson: Never assume anyone is beneath you.

4. The Moment: Bonding with Krazee-Eyez Killa

The Larry: This encounter with rapper Krazee-Eyez Killa has become one of the most iconic moments in "Curb" history. Rather than explain, perhaps you should just watch the video. All we'll say: "You already said frick once, don't use two 'fricks.'"

The Lesson: All writers need editors.

3. The Moment: Survivors

The Larry: This is a particularly ludicrous and brilliant moment in the show's history, as a Holocaust survivor becomes entangled in a Who-had-it-worse argument with Colby Donaldson of "Survivor" television fame. But the kicker is the final seconds, when the elderly gentleman becomes so flustered that he knocks his glass of red wine onto Larry's shirt and tie. A dinner companion blurts, "Somebody get a sponge." Larry, ever the pragmatist, blurts back, "I don't understand. Why don't you get a sponge?"

The Lesson: Say what you feel.

2. The Moment: The Whole Ang Family

The Larry: Larry, speaking with a lesbian receptionist who is adopting a child from China, offers some suggestions for the child's name. Needless to say, he offends.

The Lesson: On second thought, maybe you'd better keep your big ideas to yourself.

1. The Moment: Renewing The Vows

The Larry: Now legend in the "Curb" canon, this is where Larry describes his marriage, in front of friends, family, and a rabbi, as "Prettay, pretttaaay good." But lost in that refrain is the mind-blowing speech that follows, including this gem: "I am your devoted servant. Well, I don't know about servant." Larry also says he will "love you for the rest of my life, till the day I die. I will love you until then. That's a pretty good thing." Cheryl, who has pledged herself to Larry for all eternity is not thrilled. Their ceremony is an awkward disaster.

The Lesson: Forever just sounds better.

LINK
This post was edited on 4/23/13 at 4:27 pm
Posted by SammyTiger
Baton Rouge, LA
Member since Feb 2009
66424 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:29 pm to
quote:

"Do you respect wood?"

I had a party at my house and jsut made a sign for the coffe table that said "Do you respect wood?" wiht larry Davis giving the look on it.

"Big Jew. Big Jew"
Posted by Fenwick86
Member since May 2007
3517 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:39 pm to
HILARIOUS Scene

I MISSED HER FUNERAL BECAUSE SHE TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME?! IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?!!
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 4:54 pm to
frick HUGH
Posted by wish i was tebow
The Golf Board
Member since Feb 2009
46121 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 6:19 pm to
Your last name is black

That would be like my last name being Jew. Larry Jew
Posted by brewhan davey
Audubon Place
Member since Sep 2010
32785 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 7:35 pm to
quote:

and that's why you always leave a note.

I JUST started watching AD and I have no idea how it took me this long to get into it
Posted by Cardigan
Breaux Bridge
Member since May 2005
300 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 8:06 pm to
Maybe he's Pre-Gay
Posted by brewhan davey
Audubon Place
Member since Sep 2010
32785 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 8:09 pm to

Season 8 of Curb is pure brilliance. Every single episode is money.
Posted by Marciano1
Marksville, LA
Member since Jun 2009
18416 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 8:26 pm to
Seinfeld > Curb

Seinfeld is funnier and can be watched hourly

Curb is great but you gotta spread out the episodes. It gets old quick
Posted by Byron Bojangles III
Member since Nov 2012
51625 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 8:33 pm to
Not true. I could watch hours of curb.
The Golf Board
Member since Feb 2009
46121 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 9:42 pm to
Yeah I could just roll in curb. When the laughs start coming it just gets you rolling more

And yeah brewhan can't believe you are late to the AD train but glad you are on it
Posted by brewhan davey
Audubon Place
Member since Sep 2010
32785 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 9:44 pm to
quote:

And yeah brewhan can't believe you are late to the AD train but glad you are on it

Gonna finish up just in time for Season 4 on Netflix
The Golf Board
Member since Feb 2009
46121 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 9:48 pm to
I promise you the show gets better every time you rewatch it.

dont just watch it once and think its good, just keep watching on loop before bed or something. trust me
Posted by brewhan davey
Audubon Place
Member since Sep 2010
32785 posts
Posted on 4/23/13 at 9:50 pm to
That's what I hear.. luckily, I'm about halfway through Season 2. I watch 2-3 episodes a night before I go to sleep. Should be able to finish in time to rewatch a good bit before Season 4.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram