A great stone beast takes wing from a smoking tower, breathing shadows.
I feel confident this has to do with Jon being awakened as a "dragon"/TPTWP/Azor Azai
- Maybe the smoking tower is just a funeral pyre for Jon because with all the Others stuff going on the wildings tend to burn the bodies of the dead
- The "stone" beast has to do with sacrificing Shireen Baratheon (king/queens blood) in the pyre because she has the greyscale that the wildings fear
- the breathing shadows could either have to do with Melisandre being sacrificed similar to Mirri Maz Durr/Dany which gives the witch part of blood magic like last time or they just sacrifice shireen and Jon "breathes shadow" by using shadow magic via Mel
something along those lines...
Another one I thought about that could have several interpretations was maybe the stone beast that takes wing from a smoking tower is Jon Connington.
The breathing shadows is confusing though, and could have several meanings in the context:
- Jon Connington "takes wing" by sending out ravens calling for bannermen/supporters; the breathing shadows refers to the fact that while he thinks he's calling them for Rhaegars son, it is really a lie and he is calling them for an imposter (hopefully a Blackfyre)...in this case I think the "smoking tower" may not be literally a building but an analogy for the concept that the Aegon lie is "going up in smoke" or that its a distraction...i feel like smoking tower is a common analogy for something else though I just can't think of it.
- Jon Connington "takes wing" by being flung out of the smoking tower after learning the secret that Aegon is not really a Targaryen but instead a Blackfyre (or other imposter), the breathing shadows could mean something along the lines of realizing the truth and he was attempting to get the word out about the lie...I'm less confident about this one.
Those were the only two theories along those lines I could come up with
This post was edited on 3/6 at 1:37 am