Here Scruffy was taking a break from posting to study and what does he see?
A Prometheus thread where people were actually saying it was a decent movie.
Blueboy, you are 100% right.
Prometheus was a bad movie. It sucked, and here is Scruffy's reasons why:
1. The characters, oh man, the characters. It isn't very often that a movie makes me pull a real life :jagsfan:, unless its a horror movie, in which characters acting like idiots is completely expected. Most of the characters in this movie went beyond that.
People keep saying that they were "stereotypical" characterizations. I actually have to disagree. They weren't stereotypes. They were amalgamations of completely random and irrational actions. It didn't even seem as if they had personalities. Its as if Ridley decided to inject the actors with massive doses of estrogen and then said, "Alright everyone, you know how women are completely irrational and crazy? Thats how I want you to act." Hell, when that guy turned into the zombie creature (WTF btw), he was probably just on his period.
2. Charlize, Charlize, Charlize. I really like you as an actress. I do. Plus, you are smoking fricking hot, but damn, that had to have been your worst acting....EVER. I don't completely blame you though. Your character was completely and utterly useless. Meredith Vickers brought absolutely nothing to the movie. I'm just gonna assume that Ridley wanted some big name actress to pull in more viewers. Yea, that makes the character slightly more palatable.
3. Getting back to some of the character's actions. Can someone please explain to me why the scientist, who practically shite himself when he saw that dead aliens, playfully reaches out to pet the goop mutated trouser snake? This ties back into #1, but I didn't feel like scrolling back up.
Seriously, the characters made no sense.
I could keep going on and on if I wanted to include the plot, the aliens, the dumb ending, and other completely irrational aspects of this movie, but I don't really have the time. I have to get back to studying.
I will leave you with the positives though:
1. The visuals were amazing. They are the only thing in this movie that I will say was perfect.
2. Not all the actors were terrible. Fassbender was great, but unlike the other characters, he is a robot and devoid of emotion. Ripley's estrogen injections didn't work on him. Elba was good, although his role was minor, and Rapace did a decent job with what she was given.
AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL DIRECTORS TO STOP HAVING THEIR CHARACTERS RUN IN THE SAME DIRECTION THAT REALLY TALL OBJECTS ARE FALLING!!
Seriously, it has to stop.
"Oh, this really tall object is falling in that direction. I'm gonna run the same direction and try to escape...dur dur dur dur dur."
Anyone who does that deserves to be crushed.
This post was edited on 4/10 at 11:49 am