This question needs to be asked I think, many people right now are IMO overreacting. Saying that this is the worst offensive team ever, and stuff.
Anyway is our offense that bad, or are we just in a slump that we will over come eventually. Please explain your reasoning
I say it is a slight mix but mostly a slump. Here is why.
1) Bregman our best hitter has had 3 hits since the start of SEC play. He is clearly in a slump he was the best hitter in the SEC maybe even the nation last year, even great players have slumps.
2) Ibarra, while he has struggled this year so far he was a strong hitter last year
3) Lots of young talent that still has to pan out. Scivicque could be on of the LSU greats at the end of his career. Robertson showed good potential at the beginning of the year.
4) we didn't start last year out that well in SEC play that doesn't help confidence, one good weekend for LSU could turn things around.
5) we have plenty of hard hit balls every game, we don't seem like a bad hitting team, rather a decent hitting team that is hitting the ball right at fielders.
6) our worst hitter by far last year was stevenson is now one of our best hitters right now. Batting over .350 last time I checked.
so what do you think?
This post was edited on 3/25 at 9:46 pm