How can we get more people in the PMAC in spite of our record?
1. Skip and Alleva ruined the student experience and atmosphere. I don't blame them with taking some prime seats away from students, as they weren't coming. But the went overboard with it, and even if the team comes back, the student section never will. At the very least, the band need to move to the middle or upper level.
2. More outreach like Dale did to win back fans. The John Brady era eroded away what was a very good and loyal fan base. Now you are trying to appeal to a younger generation that didn't grow up with much LSU hoops success. This will take time.
3. Too much silence in timeouts. PMAC managers should travel to some Hornet games, and get some ideas. I am not saying take away the whole college experience, but you leave 30s to 1minute of nothing going on, people stop looking at the court and start playing on their phones.
4. Fix the seating. One row will have your knees in your chest, while the next you can spread out.
5. Schedule more interesting games. Play USL, would get a few more fans in, and it might be a good, cheap non-conference game they can schedule. Return a game to the Cajundome, could be a close road trip for fans to go to. Brady used to schedule games at Lakefront Arena against UNO, and sometimes games at NO Arena against Tulane or other non-conference opponents. This can generate some interest in nearby cities.
Set up some kind of Louisiana round-robin tournament, with some company sponsoring it. LSU gets bye first few rounds, so as not to lower strength of schedule. Small schools have play-in games. Winner gets the Raising Canes Box Trophy or something like that. Scheduling marquee names goes without saying. Was disappointed in Jones first schedule, as the games he scheduled were less interesting than the ones TJ did. Granted he didnt have much time, so we will see what happens next season.