Started By
re: .

Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:18 am to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:18 am to
I need to finish action comics...I've been off he wagon and going to bed super early at night
Posted by BaddestAndvari
That Overweight Racist State
Member since Mar 2011
18289 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:24 am to
quote:

I need to finish action comics...I've been off he wagon and going to bed super early at night

So from what I've read:

Action Comics = many many years ago, at the beginning of his career, so he's still very young as well.

Superman = about 3 / 4 years before the present time, at some point people are thinking they will meet up and be side stories more similar to how Detective Comics and Batman operate.
Posted by mastersleestak
Foul's Creche
Member since Dec 2014
396 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:31 am to
quote:

maybe an option to have a random "POW" or "BIFF" or "THWACK" or something like that pop up on screen during fights

quote:

Maybe an Adam west Easter egg or even better, dlc

A little off topic, but my kid is playing Lego Batman 3 right now. Each level has an Adam West that you can try to rescue. And when you finish the game, there's a Retro style Batman and Robin level. It's got all the "Pow"s and "Biff"s. Plus old style villans even the old groovy music.

It's pretty awesome.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 11:30 am to
I could be entertained by the same concept with a brave and the bold style to it, but the lego shite is just so ugly to me and would take me out of the "being batman" experience
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:28 pm to
quote:

Playing origins cold cold heart

I love the thermal suit and the thermal take on the utility belt. It looks so badass.

I also loved Wayne manor and the batcave and that's what I want in Arkham Knight. You'll see what I mean.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:35 pm to
quote:

do I buy each of the "Volumes" (I guess the full books)? Basically.. I'm wondering, are these books basically all of the "monthly" comics shoved into a book or something? (I read through the Justice League Vol. 1, and it appeared it was all of the Justice League releases for the first year binded together or something?)

Yeah, I hate the suspense of having to wait for a month for 15-17 pages to come out on my favorite comics, so I just wait until the end of the year when they debut a new book.

With a new book, you can dive into a wonderland of your own fully merged into it and escape reality for a couple hours. You can't get that in 15 pages or so.

My last purchase was Superman and Wonder Woman Volume 1: Power Couple and it's really a great read. Charles Soule did an incredible job. He kept it action and plot filled while keeping the romance at front stage and center.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 10:42 pm to
I done beat that shite homie
Posted by BaddestAndvari
That Overweight Racist State
Member since Mar 2011
18289 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 11:01 pm to
quote:

Yeah, I hate the suspense of having to wait for a month for 15-17 pages to come out on my favorite comics, so I just wait until the end of the year when they debut a new book.

With a new book, you can dive into a wonderland of your own fully merged into it and escape reality for a couple hours. You can't get that in 15 pages or so.

My last purchase was Superman and Wonder Woman Volume 1: Power Couple and it's really a great read. Charles Soule did an incredible job. He kept it action and plot filled while keeping the romance at front stage and center.

yeah the second I saw the prices on these things (while I will still buy some, but I'm trying to catch up on 4 years of stories here... across 52 comics.... haha) I went and got myself a library card. I'm currently working through the staples, want to finish them, then I will move to the less known, then back to the staples for vol. 2 - something tells me it's going to be months and months of entertainment and I'm very excite about it!
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 11:04 pm to
quote:

I done beat that shite homie

The boss fight against freeze was a little weak but I still enjoyed the chase of it. It was a strategic predator battle placing him in the right spots to do damage via icicles and a few brawls with henchman thrown in for good measure.

It was pretty serviceable to good for end game DLC.
This post was edited on 1/23/15 at 11:05 pm
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 1/23/15 at 11:09 pm to
quote:

library card

Man, I haven't done this in years. I always keep telling myself I need to head over to the one here in the AP and see what cool shite they have there. Probably some diamonds in the rough.

Sounds like you got a plan then. Have fun.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/25/15 at 2:04 pm to

Sentrius, that's a lex corp building
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 1/26/15 at 9:21 pm to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/27/15 at 8:42 am to
"that's just gross" in my dr evil voice

speaking of not being able to please anyone, check out my fat shaming thread on the OT I'm a fatty boom batty
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 9:19 am to
God dammit will they just release this fricking game already
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77568 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 9:38 am to
Whoah, this brings back memories.

LINK
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 10:18 am to
the anticipation is even worse now because I'm married so I rarely get to play video games...My wife has worked the past 2 Saturdays so I'm replaying arkham asylum

I have to go out of town for a few days on bidnass, so maybe I'll play arkham city or resident evil hd or the last of us.

what are you playing these days?
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77568 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 10:20 am to
I don't know, honestly. I still have City installed on steam because I'm bound and determined to finally finish it. In a pinch, I play a few matches of Advanced Warfare. I want to plow through FFXIII but it's been running crappy lately.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 10:21 am to
this is soooooo much longer than the wait for arkham city

I watched the gameplay again, and I've noticed how fricking sick the graphics are...I did not even consider how awesome the new graphics would make this

Notice when he's gliding around certain potions of the cape are moving up and down randomly with the wind, the water on the cape...that's just the cape...I started looking at the walkways and everything else and it is insane
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 10:23 am to
did you play the hd version of ffx? It's still a great game.

I understand your dislike or indifference to city, it is a different game from asylum, and there are certain elements from asylum that I think are better...the brooding cat and mouse game set against a horror backdrop and a more outlandish environment...I get it, but I think you should finish city, it's a great story if you haven't already had it spoiled by now

I will admit they need to tone down the riddler shite, it was too much in city.

I think with the environment 5x bigger in arkham knight, and scarecrow as the villain, you'll see a game that elevates everything, and brings back the horror elements of asylum
This post was edited on 1/30/15 at 10:25 am
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77568 posts
Posted on 1/30/15 at 11:01 am to
I just think they need to tone it down on villains. No need to jam pack every single one in the history of the series into one game.

Never played X. Heard a lot of great things so maybe sometime down the road.
Jump to page
Page First 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 6 of 31Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram