re: .

Posted on 5/1/13 at 5:42 pm to
Posted by GeauxWarTigers
Auburn
Member since Oct 2010
18046 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 5:42 pm to
quote:

Or just the laziness of using the same one for 3 situations?

This was what most claimed, but I think a good portion simply used it as a cover to hide behind

quote:

The content of the ending?

I admit, a game that was so highly built upon player choices ending with 3 endings that are so similar is a bit disappointing. I believe that there were quite a few that legitimately did not like the ending for this reason. I think a good bit just hated the content and jumped in with the group that didn't like the lack of choice.

I think they could have created more diverse endings. I also understand that there are limits to what one should expect out of a $60 game. It is already 2-3 different games packaged in one with all the differences they had to write scripts for and program for based upon the choices from previous games and choices in ME3. If they put in 3 separate endings I honestly wouldn't blame them if they tried to charge $100 for the game because it had that much content in it. Plus, if they ever wanted to make a sequel they couldn't have had the endings be THAT diverse. They have to tie up in some way similar for the future of the universe.

After they released the extended endings that fleshed out what happened after everything asploded, I was fine with the game. The new endings provided good closure and I came to terms that they couldn't realistically give us the endings that we wanted. I have moved on and I am happy with the series.

Scruffy is a lost cause and will forever be banging his head into a table via animated gif.
Posted by kingbob
Sorrento, LA
Member since Nov 2010
67079 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 5:48 pm to
KOTOR
Posted by Scruffy
Kansas City
Member since Jul 2011
72074 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 6:13 pm to
quote:

What was all the complaining about?
Most people it was the ending. In my case it was everything. The game sucked from start to finish with only a few situations/interactions that were actually good.
quote:

The content of the ending?
Sucked.
quote:

Or just the laziness of using the same one for 3 situations?
This too.

Overall, the game was terrible IMO. It disregarded everything that made ME, well, ME. At the same time, they forced in a worthless MP mode and tried to tie it to the campaign. Just a total waste.
Posted by S
RIP Wayde
Member since Jan 2007
155598 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 10:42 pm to
super ghouls and ghosts
Posted by sbr2
Member since Apr 2011
15013 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 10:45 pm to
Congratulations, you beat the game. Now do it again!
Posted by MSMHater
Houston
Member since Oct 2008
22774 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 10:59 pm to
quote:

GeauxWarTigers

quote:

Scruffy

I hear ya. I actually side with the Scruffy one for the most part. Combat mechanics and plot were excellent. But I found myself asking "is that it?" when the final scene came. Seemed short, much less focused on RPG aspects of the game, fewer side quests, limited squad, etc...

Certainly did not leave me with the same feeling the previous two did.

Saw the extended endings tonight as well...meh
Posted by sbr2
Member since Apr 2011
15013 posts
Posted on 5/1/13 at 11:07 pm to
Yeah, cause we all had a great feeling after defeating the terminator reaper? Cutting down the squad size was necessary given how they changed things with the intimate nature of the crew, I think they overpromised a little but delivered on what was reasonable.
Posted by cubsfan5150
Member since Nov 2007
15763 posts
Posted on 5/2/13 at 6:20 am to
Mafia 1
Posted by LE610N
Red Stick
Member since Feb 2013
1199 posts
Posted on 5/2/13 at 8:55 am to
Dino Crisis 2
Posted by LikeABaussCat
bad spelling deal with it
Member since Jul 2012
2256 posts
Posted on 5/2/13 at 10:11 am to
Bioschock Infinite, blew my fricking mind.

Oh and HL2 episodes
Posted by TH03
Mogadishu
Member since Dec 2008
171036 posts
Posted on 5/2/13 at 11:07 am to
ME3 was way too many cinematically and not enough gameplay. giant step down from ME2, which was phenomenal IMO
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram