- My Forums
- Tiger Rant
- LSU Recruiting
- SEC Rant
- Saints Talk
- Pelicans Talk
- More Sports Board
- Fantasy Sports
- Golf Board
- Soccer Board
- O-T Lounge
- Tech Board
- Outdoor Board
- Health/Fitness Board
- Movie/TV Board
- Book Board
- Music Board
- Political Talk
- Money Talk
- Fark Board
- Gaming Board
- Travel Board
- Food/Drink Board
- Ticket Exchange
- TD Help Board
Customize My Forums
- View All Forums
by Larry LeoJanuary 13, 2014
Brendan Maloney-USA TODAY Sports
Texas regents approved a 5-year contract for newly hired head coach Charlie Strong on Monday that starts at $5 million per year and includes annual raises of $100,000. They also approved payment to Louisville of $4.375 million to liquidate Strong's contract buyout. Here's how his contract bonuses breakdown...
* Win Big 12 title - $100,000
* Appear in bowl game other than Major 6 - $25,000
* Win bowl game other than Major 6 - $25,000
* Appear in Major 6 bowl (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach) - $50,000
* Win Major 6 bowl game - $50,000
* Appear in College Football Championship game - $100,000
* Win College Football Championship Game - $250,000
COACH OF THE YEAR
* Any other than National COY award - $50,000
* National Coach of the Year - $100,000
ADDITIONAL INCENTIVE PAYMENTS
* Top 5 Ranking in Final Poll - 3% of that year's annual salary
* Top 10 Ranking in Final Poll - 2% of that year's annual salary
ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE
* Team GPA 2.90 - $25,000
* Team GPA 3.00 - $50,000
* Team GPA 3.10 - $75,000
* Football APR Top 10 percentile - $75,000
FOR STRONG'S PERSONAL USE:
* One suite at UT football games and 6 season tickets
* 4 season tickets to UT's other men's and women's sports
* Membership at UT Golf Club, UT Club and Headliners Club.
* Up to 20 hours of private flight time (flight time shall be donated to UT)
* Use of 2 courtesy cars from a local dealership (or an allowance of $7,500 in lieu of one of the courtesy cars)
* Spouse travel to athletic events, development and official entertainment/business activities.
Filed Under: NCAA Football
Spears says LSU has become a "very average college football program."
F. King Alexander is not a fan of the coaching talk on social media.
The Tigers open up the season vs. Miami.
Tell the truth Monday.
The SEC released week 5 kickoff times on Monday.
SI Swimsuit Model Irina Shayk's Greatest Hits
More like hottest hits.
This Girl Can Throw The Heck Out Of A Nerf Football
An attractive quality.
What Exactly Was The Phillies' Mascot Doing To This Female Reporter?
Mascots are weird.
Drunk Syracuse Fans Harass Cameraman & Fight An Usher During Game
Orangeman turing red.
Tom Brady Didn't Attend White House Because He Dated Ivanka Trump?
So says the Mooch.
Ole Miss Students Will Vote On Changing Mascot
So long Black Bear?