Let me preface my post by saying while I adamantly oppose Rafa Benitez as our manager I almost feel sorry for him. It's going to be almost impossible for him to succeed under the current situation, which is part of the problem. Now, with that said, to answer your questions...
The Waiter is one who gets results
He couldn't win in England with Liverpool and he got fired after a poor performance at his last job after which he couldn't find work for nearly two years. He hasn't won a league title in nearly a decade or a meaningful trophy of any kind since 2005 unless I'm mistaken. It's certainly not like he's off to a great start at Chelsea either.
Randy, you always say it´s all about the final score, so, what´s the prob?
The problems, for me anyway as I don't want to speak for all Chelsea fans though it seems many agree, are...
1. He is replacing a manager who just won the Champions League 6 months ago who also happened to be a former Chelsea star and a first class man. Few people would have been accepted by Chelsea supporters following RDM under the current circumstances.
2. He has a history of showing a complete disrespect to the club. He claims he was just sticking up for his former team but what does degrading Chelsea Football Club and its supporters have to do with sticking up for Liverpool?
3. He has a history of not getting along with his superiors and now it's somehow going to work when his superior is probably the most difficult boss to work for in the world? This, coupled with the fan sentiment, has disaster written all over it.
4. I personally am not really concerned with the style of play but our owner is. Abramovich essentially ran off the greatest manager in the game largely over this point but now we are supposed to believe Roman is going to be happy with a far inferior version of a pragmatist like Jose Mourinho? If playing ugly and winning trophies isn't good enough then what is going to happen we are playing ugly and fighting for 4th?
5. He's a Fat Spanish Waiter.
I just don't see anyway this works out long term and am really not thrilled at the idea of having to hire yet another manager at the end of the season.
This post was edited on 12/15 at 8:52 pm