Started By
re: .

Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:28 am to
Posted by DupontsCircle
Dupont Circle
Member since Jun 2016
5823 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:28 am to
Tapper is the best out the bunch. Pretty even keeled.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:31 am to
it's nothing against jake tapper but he's on at 4 and he's their top rated program.

granted, he doesn't have the competition his colleagues do

msnbc doesn't really have personality oriented programming until like 6 or 7.

personally, I think he's the same shite as everyone else at cnn which is one of their biggest problems. the personalities aren't really unique. at fox they are, at msnbc they are...at cnn, it's like the same guy wearing different people suits
Posted by OchoDedos
Republic of Texas
Member since Oct 2014
34080 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:32 am to
quote:

Carlson isn't someone who comes with buzz or fanfare so it raises a huge eyebrow.

Carlson is likeable...kinda of like your smartass little brother, blunt and to the point, with a smidgen of irreverence
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:33 am to
quote:

Tapper is the best out the bunch
lemon, cooper, burnett, tapper, blitzer

it's the same shite. you could mix and match and the ratings wouldn't budge one way or the other. during the election burnett was edging out cooper pretty consistently. by next month, cnn could be a ratings pit, and they have some big salaries.
Posted by thelawnwranglers
Member since Sep 2007
38783 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:36 am to
how does the future of TV shape their position?

I am assuming we are still moving into an era where I have cafeteria choice for my channels, and not a "package"

if so these stations are in big trouble
Posted by Champagne
Already Conquered USA.
Member since Oct 2007
48354 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:38 am to
How can that be? I watched lots of CNN on Election night and enjoyed the Schadenfreude.
Posted by member12
Bob's Country Bunker
Member since May 2008
32096 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:39 am to
Doesn't surprise me. Cable news viewers want to see the news. CNN is a tabloid.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:42 am to
that's just straight revenue. i'm more concerned with ad revenue and ratings because it tells me something about people

and the fox has added about a million viewers across the board the last few weeks while cnn and msnbc have lost viewers. msnbc comes out of the election better than they were, but they've lost their election boost. cnn has already lost their election boost. fox has surged beyond their election boost

if these are numbers we're going to routinely see, I think America is tired of identity politics and progressive shite. I think progressives are taking the democrats over...which is what they want, but it will move moderates to the right

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:44 am to
quote:

Cable news viewers want to see the news
I don't think any of the 3 cable networks do the news.

I think people are sick of weird shite being treated with mainstream credibility (which didn't really happen during obamas first term) they want assessments and takes, but they don't want dishonest or unreasonable ones
Posted by 31TIGERS
Mike’s habitat
Member since Dec 2004
7219 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:45 am to
Any network that has a don lemon and van jones is destined for failure. Those two goons are nothing but "tokens" for cnn. Seriously, what would you rather look at, even on cnn? An Erin Burnett type or a lemon or jones type? Anything is better than a lemon or jones "token" type. Those two are just there to stir the racism pot because neither one of them bring anything of substance. van jones also needs to GDIAF. lemon is just a miserable whinny little bitch that one slap would be sufficient enough to have him move back to the back of the bus and be told to sit down and shut up.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:47 am to
it does matter what you cover and what you don't cover though

cnn stubbornly ignored the FBI announcement the following week and ever since then, fox took a huge fricking chunk of their viewers. people finally said "ok, this is bullshite" and changed the channel to fox and they haven't left.
Posted by TheCaterpillar
Member since Jan 2004
76774 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:48 am to
quote:

Couldn't have said it better

He's the lane kiffin of cable news

Well, Lane is a great OC and recruiter...to be fair.

Al Davis is just a moron.
Posted by thelawnwranglers
Member since Sep 2007
38783 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:48 am to
quote:

that's just straight revenue. i'm more concerned with ad revenue and ratings because it tells me something about people

and the fox has added about a million viewers across the board the last few weeks while cnn and msnbc have lost viewers. msnbc comes out of the election better than they were, but they've lost their election boost. cnn has already lost their election boost. fox has surged beyond their election boost

if these are numbers we're going to routinely see, I think America is tired of identity politics and progressive shite. I think progressives are taking the democrats over...which is what they want, but it will move moderates to the right

I wonder if the network of the loser face a situation were their side just turns off the tv

AKA if the Saints are 3-10 I am not watching the last few games.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:49 am to
better late than never, but it appears viewers have finally had their fill of that shite

cnn has big time name recognition. how is Anderson cooper this pop culture crossover personality though? his ratings are really bad.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:52 am to
that's something to be mindful of

if you're a liberal, you don't want to think about it, if you're a conservative you're still basking in the euphoria of the election.

I want to see how shite holds over a longer period

it's not a definite result but the ratings suggest that fox has pulled a huge chunk of cnn's audience and even some of msnbcs audience.
This post was edited on 11/16/16 at 10:00 am
Posted by IvanCCCP
U.S.A.
Member since Oct 2016
698 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 9:54 am to
quote:

I don't get o'reilly's appeal, but have you been living on the fricking moon?

o'reilly is #1 and by a lot. he's a fricking juggernaut.

I got rid of "tv" 4 years ago. I'm online for everything.

I read one of his books a decade ago and watched him maybe one season around that same time. Having been weaned off the tit by turning off "tv" when I catch something from him online I no longer get the appeal. I guess someone would have to detox off sensationalized media to understand it.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 10:01 am to
o'reilly just keeps it simple I think

his talking points memo segment makes me it's treating the audience like they're fricking stupid and he doesn't really have anything interesting to say, but what do I know. he's number 1 and it's not even close. the people have spoken, and they really like bill o'reilly.
Posted by ihometiger
Member since Dec 2013
12475 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 10:03 am to
quote:

CNN
Tapper: 1.4 million
Blitzer: 1 million
Blitzer 2nd hour: 888K
Burnett: 996k
Cooper: 1.1 million
Cooper 2nd hour: 974k
Lemon: 1 million

The problem with Cooper's 2nd hour is that it is a repeat of the 1st hour for the most part.

CNN has to get rid of the dead weight over there and fire Blitzer and Burnett immediately. Right now CNN want to put its hand back on Trump's leg to get its rating back up.

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 10:09 am to
quote:

Blitzer and Burnett
several problems with that...

1. why just them? they do about the same as everyone else...and they're cheaper

2. they don't have a talent pool to draw from. fox has these contributors who take on more and more and develop into a name that is recognized and can pull an audience...that's what they did with megyn Kelly. Who does cnn have?

cnn has bigger problems than anchors and pundits. it's programming, content, skew, and branding. I hope they enjoyed the last year and a half because it looks like some really rough waters are ahead
This post was edited on 11/16/16 at 10:10 am
Posted by ihometiger
Member since Dec 2013
12475 posts
Posted on 11/16/16 at 10:23 am to
quote:

Kelly also is pulling away from hannity, but he beats her in the key demo

October was also one of Hannity's best month in years. According to Nilsen, the show's ratings were up 53% this month compared to the October 2013, when the show moved to the generally less-watched 10 p.m. timeslot.
LINK
Hannity's program also topped hosts Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly on several evenings during the month, including shows on October 28, October 26, and October 25. In 2013, "Hannity" was bumped from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m., while Kelly took over his old time slot.

"CNN had a very strong week in its own right. It was the No. 2 basic cable network in prime time and total day viewers, and the No. 1 basic cable network of the week in prime time among A25-54. Additionally, among adults 18-34 in weekday prime, CNN ranked #1 in all of TV (cable and broadcast) last week."

"MSNBC ranked No. 5 in total prime time viewers for the entire week of Nov. 7, and finished No. 4 in total day viewers."

"Fox Business Network ranked No. 46 in prime time viewers, and No. 38 in total day viewers. FBN delivered its most-watched week ever in business day (9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET) with 315,000 total viewers and 49,000 A25-54."
LINK
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 4Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram