re: .

Posted on 12/15/14 at 8:25 pm to
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111515 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 8:25 pm to
quote:

Just because a crazy guy is inspired by a terrorist group it doesn't make him a member of that group. Of course the only reason we think he was even inspired was because he reportedly asked for an Isis flag. Nothing else he did resembled what Isis does.

What difference does it make if he's a member or an admirer of ISIS? I'll hang up and listen.
Posted by Wolfhound45
Hanging with Chicken in Lurkistan
Member since Nov 2009
120000 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 8:32 pm to
quote:

Just because a crazy guy is inspired by a terrorist group it doesn't make him a member of that group.
Would love to see a similar statement when one day someone commits an act of terrorism and states they admire the Tea Party.
Posted by MrCarton
Paradise Valley, MT
Member since Dec 2009
20231 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 9:45 pm to
quote:

What difference does it make if he's a member or an admirer of ISIS? I'll hang up and listen.

I've been trolled. Good job man...good job.
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111515 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 10:55 pm to
You haven't been trolled. There's some obvious ramifications which differ for the fan versus the member. But there's a lot of ramifications which are exactly the same for the fan versus the member.
Posted by Jim Rockford
Member since May 2011
98181 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 11:44 pm to
FWIW, it wasn't police, but operators from Tactical Assault Group-East, one of two counterterror teams in the Australian Defence Forces.
Posted by Champagne
Already Conquered USA.
Member since Oct 2007
48337 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 11:55 pm to
quote:

ISIS is a Sunni faction. Doubtful that an Iranian would be a follower.

I thought I heard on the news that the perpetrator recently converted to Sunni Islam.

Posted by Champagne
Already Conquered USA.
Member since Oct 2007
48337 posts
Posted on 12/15/14 at 11:58 pm to
quote:

Would love to see a similar statement when one day someone commits an act of terrorism and states they admire the Tea Party.

This is an extremely good point.

It's easy to dismiss murderers like this as "just a lone crazy nut" but, if some nut did this and then forced the hostages to display a Tea Party sign, then, nobody in the mass media would call him a nut -- he'd just be your average Tea Party guy.
Posted by the808bass
The Lou
Member since Oct 2012
111515 posts
Posted on 12/16/14 at 12:00 am to
quote:

FWIW, it wasn't police, but operators from Tactical Assault Group-East, one of two counterterror teams in the Australian Defence Forces.

Someone should have let them know this wasn't a terror attack.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 3Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram