Started By
re: .

Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:05 pm to
Posted by PorkSammich
North FL
Member since Sep 2013
14243 posts
Pretty similar situation to me, I was a die hard everything fan. Now I just follow college football.
Posted by RummelTiger
Texas
Member since Aug 2004
89849 posts
quote:

Thanks for responding to explain yourself. It matters what I think of you. It's also important the board realizes you do, in fact, not have a hard on for young males.

Your board cred is important.

I could give two-shits about "board cred", but whatever man...
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:06 pm to
Solid response

Baw

Edited to add because clarifying is so important: you apparently felt the need to respond to me that my opinion of you was not important nor the opinion of anyone else rather than just ignoring my post.

I wouldn't let my post bother you. It seems like it bothers you
This post was edited on 2/19/17 at 12:08 pm
Posted by FunroePete
The Big Cheezy
Member since Dec 2012
1531 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:09 pm to
quote:

Crab fricker.

reference?

This is my new favorite insult
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:10 pm to
quote:

Pretty similar situation to me, I was a die hard everything fan. Now I just follow college football.

Do you have a son? It seems the older males who are still diehards have sons. I do not have a boy so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

My father died about a decade ago and sports were our thing all my life.
Posted by safetyman
Member since Jun 2011
11080 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:17 pm to
You have become gay. Soon you will be taking it up your arse. Lol
Posted by Seldom Seen
Member since Feb 2016
40077 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:20 pm to
Your problem might be your just burnt out on American sports. I started watching Rugby in 2012 and that now my main sport.
Posted by El Segundo Guy
SE OK
Member since Aug 2014
9582 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:23 pm to
I used to watch sports all of the time. As I get older, in order for me to even halfway care about a game I have to be betting on it.
Posted by stout
Smoking Crack with Hunter Biden
Member since Sep 2006
167230 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:38 pm to
quote:

It's good you have that mindset because we think you're a baby back bitch

Don't make me agree with you, Mir
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:42 pm to
quote:

Your problem might be your just burnt out on American sports. I started watching Rugby in 2012 and that now my main sport.

Perhaps. I do keep up a little with the EPL. But I rarely watch a game rather just check scores and point standings.
Posted by EmperorGout
I hate all of you.
Member since Feb 2008
11267 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:44 pm to
Once the Saints won the super bowl, my interest in football at all levels plummeted. Not gone entirely mind you, but greatly diminished.

It was accomplished.
Posted by MBclass83
Baton Rouge
Member since Oct 2010
9358 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:45 pm to
Real life happens and you realize games with kids just isn't that important any more.
Posted by TennesseeFan25
Honolulu
Member since May 2016
8391 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:46 pm to
quote:

Why would a healthy male go from living sports, living and dying by them, to thinking they were dumb?

I await your diagnosis.

Because you're smart?

I love watching sport, but also see how fricking ridiculous it is.

Our allegiances are based on, where we grew up, what college accepted us, who our dad liked, who was readily available to watch while growing up, or who we saw winning. Oooo... what an unbreakable bond that is.

Even when your team wins awesome, every other fans retort is that there's always next year, and what the frick can you say to that. The Cubs lost for 110 years in a row and they still feel good right now, they should be fricking miserable still. Additionally in 3 years you're the only one who will remember the win.

Finally, the cock suckers who play the sports are as of late pretty faggy about their popularity, fame, and millions.

Next week I'll tell you all about how stupid getting another human being to sign something for you is
Posted by Lacour
Member since Nov 2009
32949 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:46 pm to
So are you saying that 30 year olds and older who are diehard sports fans have misplaced priorities?
Posted by tigerfoot
Alexandria
Member since Sep 2006
56262 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:57 pm to
Here is what I care about:

LSU football
LSU badeball
Other LSU sports IF they are playing well
Golf Ryder Cup and majors
Saints
NFL
NBA conf finals and finals

That's all. I go weeks without watching sports
Posted by MBclass83
Baton Rouge
Member since Oct 2010
9358 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:58 pm to
Sometimes.
Posted by LSU-MNCBABY
Knightsgate
Member since Jan 2004
24353 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 12:58 pm to
Did you also enter your 30s and have kids during this revaluation?

I experienced the same thing, mostly due to lack of enourmous amounts of free time, when you do get some you don't want to waste it watching sports or obsessing about lsu
Posted by MLSter
Member since Feb 2013
3968 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 1:01 pm to
All that's happened is you've realized those sports suck.

Get into soccer. It's much easier to enjoy. There are no commercials, constant action and the league format add tons of excitement( promotion/relegation a concept Americans find hard to understand)

Also it's on basically year round
This post was edited on 2/19/17 at 1:05 pm
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
422410 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 1:02 pm to
quote:

Why would a healthy male go from living sports, living and dying by them, to thinking they were dumb?

life gets stale after a while

you can only see so many sporting events before the patterns become more obvious/common and the luster is lost
Posted by SlowFlowPro
Simple Solutions to Complex Probs
Member since Jan 2004
422410 posts
Posted on 2/19/17 at 1:03 pm to
quote:

So are you saying that 30 year olds and older who are diehard sports fans have misplaced priorities?

an educated/intelligent person should probably develop an interest in more complex hobbies by that age

sports are fine for mindless enjoyment but trying to make them super complex is just silly and you kind of realize that after a while
first pageprev pagePage 4 of 7Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram