Started By
re: .

Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:00 am to
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:00 am to
Yeah we don't even either. Why did you make sure to mention he's an accountant? I know why, but I just want to hear you try and explain how you're not a huge racist.
Posted by htownjeep
Republic of Texas
Member since Jun 2005
7612 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:01 am to
quote:

If I am and I see someone approaching who is clearly going much faster, then yea, I'll get over.
Then what he is saying really doesn't apply to you. Unless you are just cruising in the left lane for no reason. Left lane is for passing only. If you're not passing a car, get in the right lane. It really isn't that hard of a concept to understand yet many people do it every day.
Posted by thesoccerfanjax
Member since Nov 2013
6128 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:03 am to
Because not many hippies are accountants.

Also, not many hippies are black.

I thought it was pretty straight forward, but nothing with you ever is.
Posted by MarcoRamius
Iberville
Member since Apr 2015
136 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:03 am to
quote:

They are pretty bad, but the drivers with the worst lane discipline out there seem to drive Nissan Altimas, Dodge Chargers, and older, poorly maintained Lexus or Infiniti luxury cars.

Jesus man.

You forgot dodge challengers, camaros, and yukons.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:04 am to
quote:

car is a representation of a person's personality.
but it is. just as your clothes are, along with everything else.

I also gathered that since they all drive really slow, that there is a safety element involved (which is certainly the case with Volvos)
Posted by CanShakersDecayedNut
Member since Sep 2006
3144 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:04 am to
quote:

ETA: You've never been in a situation where there are 10 or so cars ahead of you (most likely held up by someone in the front) and everyone is just cruising along at a lower speed than they would like, but some dude gets on your arse like he wants to pass? These are the people I frick with.

hey dumbass, did you see where I said "the six cars behind you". You didnt' state that scenario. But HELL YES I am with you in that scenario. I'm waiting for the dumbass woman 6 cars ahead, undoubtedly with a Texas license plate, yapping on her phone, or sending text messages, oblivious to the fact she is cruising along at the same speed as the truck next to her. Some idiot behind me takes that opportunity to try and get in front of me...no, a-hole. We are all stuck in this together waiting for MITSY to finally get a clue.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:06 am to
quote:

Texas license plate, yapping on her phone, or sending text messages
people really look at their phones too much, but here it would be hysterical if it weren't so dangerous...like head pointed down looking at their phone
Posted by boom roasted
Member since Sep 2010
28039 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:09 am to
Oh I saw what you wrote. But I'm the dumbass because your simple mind couldn't think of more than one scenario?

Lol
Member since Sep 2006
3144 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:12 am to
quote:

But I'm the dumbass because your simple mind couldn't think of more than one scenario?

no, you're the dumbass because in that scenario you aren't the one holding up traffic. You're just one of the guys being fricked by the idiot who is first in line. You are the guy who gets all offended when the guy behind you is pissed off and trying to flash his lights at the guy 3 cars ahead who is fricking up the flow.

Obviously if you are in a line of cars being held up by some jackass ahead, then you aren't the problem. That goes without saying.
Posted by boom roasted
Member since Sep 2010
28039 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:17 am to
quote:

no, you're the dumbass because in that scenario you aren't the one holding up traffic.
What now?
quote:

You are the guy who gets all offended when the guy behind you is pissed off and trying to flash his lights at the guy 3 cars ahead who is fricking up the flow.

How did you reach the conclusion that I get offended? Because I screw with a-hole drivers?

Oh man, you're a special one.
This post was edited on 4/23/15 at 9:21 am
Posted by Dijkstra
Michael J. Fox's location in time.
Member since Sep 2007
8738 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:31 am to
The problem is that there are drastically different accounts as to what happened in these rants on driving. I understand being upset with someone clogging up the left lane driving below the speed limit. It won't make me go blog about it or anything, but I get it.

What makes me "mouth off" to someone "just trying to pass me" is when I'm going 75-80 in a 70 zone in the right lane with someone else in the left lane, and some a-hole flies up behind me going 90 and honks at me to speed up after a few seconds. I'm not going to hit 90 to appease your impatience. I don't drive a Prius or any other hybrid or Smart Car, and I don't drive slow by any means so I'm not a Prius driving hippy.

I'll always speed up a bit to try to create some separation so people aren't blocked, but I'm not going to become reckless because someone is impatient. Another thing is how someone honks their horn at me. If you flash the lights or even give a soft honk to let me know, I'll assume you're late, having an emergency, or going get laid and speed up substantially to help you out. If you use your horn as if it's the button to trigger your aggression and smash it, I'm going to say "frick you" and continue at my current speed or slow down to the speed limit slowly to show you that I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Sure, there are a lot of terrible drivers, and I get frustrated with slow drivers as well. I just tend to give the second driver the benefit of the doubt in situations where someone was "driving too slow" because it's very likely that the angry driver could have been an a-hole. As for things like people who stop on an on-ramp to merge or
Member since Sep 2006
3144 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:33 am to
quote:

How did you reach the conclusion that I get offended? Because I screw with a-hole drivers?

No, because you were offended by my post when obviously in the second scenario you (later) came up with you ARE NOT the problem. That scenario you came up with is NOTHING like the original post described. Sorry that I didn't realize you were going to stray from topic of the thread. That's my bad for taking the first post of the thread as being...you know...the topic of the thread. I obviously should have tried to read into what you MIGHT have been thinking yet just poorly explained.

Thanks for calling me special though. You looking for a date?
Member since Nov 2013
6128 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:34 am to
quote:

I'll always speed up a bit to try to create some separation so people aren't blocked, but I'm not going to become reckless because someone is impatient. Another thing is how someone honks their horn at me. If you flash the lights or even give a soft honk to let me know, I'll assume you're late, having an emergency, or going get laid and speed up substantially to help you out. If you use your horn as if it's the button to trigger your aggression and smash it, I'm going to say "frick you" and continue at my current speed or slow down to the speed limit slowly to show you that I don't negotiate with terrorists.

This.

If you wanna go 25 mph over the limit, that's not my problem. Unless it's obvious that it's an emergency of some sort.

Too many people have learned that being a dickhead can get them what they want. Not from me, though.
Posted by boom roasted
Member since Sep 2010
28039 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:35 am to
quote:

No, because you were offended by my post when obviously in the second scenario you (later) came up with you ARE NOT the problem. That scenario you came up with is NOTHING like the original post described. Sorry that I didn't realize you were going to stray from topic of the thread. That's my bad for taking the first post of the thread as being...you know...the topic of the thread. I obviously should have tried to read into what you MIGHT have been thinking yet just poorly explained.

So much stupid in that post, I don't know where to start.
Posted by LNCHBOX
Member since Jun 2009
84319 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:36 am to
quote:

but it is

So when I'm driving around in my wife's Prius that looks just like this:

What exactly about my personality can you tell me?
Posted by htownjeep
Republic of Texas
Member since Jun 2005
7612 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:36 am to
quote:

If you wanna go 25 mph over the limit, that's not my problem.
It is if you are just cruising in the left lane for no reason. If you are in the right lane or if you are in the left lane and in the process of passing someone you are also ok.
Member since Sep 2006
3144 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:38 am to
quote:

So much stupid in that post, I don't know where to start.

yeah, ok.

Here, let me help. "But see what I was thinking but failed to explain, you obviously didn't understand because you are a big DUMB DUMMY"

better?
Posted by TxTiger82
Member since Sep 2004
33950 posts
quote:

The ole speed up as they try to pass trick. If someone is riding my arse on the interstate, this move can be very entertaining.

Sounds to me like that's exactly what he was doing.
Posted by upgrayedd
Lifting at Tobin's house
Member since Mar 2013
134887 posts
quote:

you honk at them for going 25 mph in the left lane, so when you try and pass them in the right, they speed up (so all of a sudden there is a sense of urgency) and start running their mouth (versus looking at the road that people die on every day

Wave your gun at them.
Member since Nov 2013
6128 posts
Posted on 4/23/15 at 9:39 am to
quote:

It is if you are just cruising in the left lane for no reason.

I'm not talking about driving in the left lane because I rarely do, but I still disagree. Like I said, if someone is polite about it, I'll move over. If I notice someone approaching going faster than I am, I'll move over. However, riding my arse and laying on the horn will only exacerbate your problem. I don't reward people for being assholes. Too many assholes in today's world.
first pageprev pagePage 3 of 7Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram