he is somewhat Ivory-like, sure take him as a UDFA. Why the hell would any RB who has any chance of making it as a RB in the NFL consider going FB? FBs are also usually guys that cannot make it as a feature back. HERE
is a fairly deep scouting report from last year that compares him to Marion Barber.
here's the negatives and summary. Again, much the same as Ivory...
- Failed a drug test in October causing him to miss the Auburn game.
- Battled his weight throughout the second half of last season and broke down a bit physically. Lost touches because of it.
- Isn’t the most explosive athlete, gets up to speed quickly, but looks more like a 4.55/4.6 athlete in space.
- Can keep his pad level down, but when he accelerates tends to get upright and will expose his frame.
- His running style could cause him to break down sooner rather than later. Looks for contact in the open field.
- Is more smooth than sharp/sudden as a runner. Doesn’t have great make you miss ability in any area of the game. More of a downhill back.
When motivated and his playing weight is in check, LSU RB Spencer Ware has the skill set to start in the NFL, wear down opposing defenses and keep the offense ahead of the chains. He’s never going to be a legit big play threat and his shelf life is going to be shorter than most backs because of his demanding running style.