20384 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 3:45 pm to
LOST seasons 4-6
Posted by Brosef Stalin
Member since Dec 2011
39195 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 4:07 pm to
quote:

They create a plot to have a twist rather than creating characters within a narrative that DEVELOP a twist on their own. We're all plot focused, partially this is actually at the fault of Abrams, the black box and some of his proteges. Characters and Overall Narrative arc are often usurped by the plot, which it is important to "craft an interesting plot," rather than tell an interesting story.

This is why I think Saw is underrated. The plot is fairly unique and interesting for horror, plus Jigsaw is a good character. Then the twist comes out of nowhere and really only adds to his character.
Posted by TotesMcGotes
New York, New York
Member since Mar 2009
27875 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 4:09 pm to
The worst movie twist of all time (or at least the one I dislike the most) is from I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, where it's revealed that Will Benson is Ben (the killer from the first)'s son. And he's like "how did you not figure it out - my name is Ben son!"). Makes me want to throw things.

I remember seeing the film High Tension and thinking the twist was interesting. I may watch it again because I can't really remember all of it. Anyone seen that one?
Posted by Brosef Stalin
Member since Dec 2011
39195 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 4:11 pm to
Everyone I know who's seen that says the twist ruins the entire movie. I agree, its a good movie up until the twist.
Posted by ManBearTiger
BRLA
Member since Jun 2007
21845 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 4:13 pm to
I think smokin aces and lucky number slevin do a good job with this
Posted by TotesMcGotes
New York, New York
Member since Mar 2009
27875 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 4:14 pm to
I remember it being suspenseful AF, but that's about it. It's probably been 10-12 years since I've seen it.
Posted by spslayto
Member since Feb 2004
19720 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 5:15 pm to
quote:

remember seeing the film High Tension and thinking the twist was interesting. I may watch it again because I can't really remember all of it. Anyone seen that one?

I actually loved it until the twist. The twist ruined the movie for me
Posted by Carson123987
Middle Court at the Rec
Member since Jul 2011
66422 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 5:21 pm to
quote:

where it's revealed that Will Benson is Ben (the killer from the first)'s son. And he's like "how did you not figure it out - my name is Ben son!

Posted by elprez00
Hammond, LA
Member since Sep 2011
29386 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 5:25 pm to
Not to jock ride this any more than it already does, but I thought the twist in Ex Machina was extremely well done and completely caught me by surprise. I completely bought that she was into him.
This post was edited on 6/29/16 at 5:27 pm
Posted by FairhopeTider
Fairhope, Alabama
Member since May 2012
20768 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 5:54 pm to
SPECTRE.

I like the premise of having one organization behind the enemies in the Craig Bond movies, but the twist was horribly set up.
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 8:53 pm to
quote:

The worst movie twist of all time (or at least the one I dislike the most) is from I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, where it's revealed that Will Benson is Ben (the killer from the first)'s son. And he's like "how did you not figure it out - my name is Ben son!").

So you never saw The Village?
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 8:56 pm to
quote:

Not to jock ride this any more than it already does, but I thought the twist in Ex Machina was extremely well done and completely caught me by surprise. I completely bought that she was into him.

The scene in that movie when he hacks into the computer and sees a the previous tests and the robots are literally killing themselves trying to escape and the you find out he's been reusing that same brain and then finally they kill him.

That hacking scene when they show the AI killing itself and the arc leading to his death was pure awesome.
Posted by TotesMcGotes
New York, New York
Member since Mar 2009
27875 posts
Posted on 6/29/16 at 9:05 pm to
I did. I certainly didn't like it, but they didn't hit you over the head with a 2x4 saying "hey! Twist!"
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram