Posted on 3/9/13 at 9:38 am to
Posted by TigersRuleTheEarth
Laffy
Member since Jan 2007
28643 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 9:38 am to
quote:

Because its in a room filled with lava.

Ohhh. I thought you were talking about the throne room in ROTJ.
Posted by magildachunks
Member since Oct 2006
32482 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 10:59 am to
quote:

Wish they kept it that way, since Leia being Luke's sister is probably the dumbest thing in all 6 films.

While that would have been a cool concept for the sequels, her being his sister isn't all that stupid when you sit back and look at the mythology of the universe.

They both have the force, and are connected by that power. It is then reasonable to believe that they would be drawn to each other through that.

Dumbest thing in the trilogy has to be the fact that Vader is supposed to be the Emperor's right hand man and he is basically treated like a bitch by Grand Moff Tarkin.
Posted by magildachunks
Member since Oct 2006
32482 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 11:02 am to
quote:

You'd just have to question what kind of a person would build a throne room in a room that is likely in the hundreds of degrees, plus its incredibly unsubtle.

This guy:

Posted by The Dudes Rug
Member since Nov 2004
13860 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 11:08 am to
Endor, Ewoks, and Yub Nub are awesome.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108256 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 11:18 am to
quote:

They both have the force, and are connected by that power. It is then reasonable to believe that they would be drawn to each other through that.

Or maybe it could have been they are true loves or that it is as simple as the Force also being strong with Leia.

quote:

Dumbest thing in the trilogy has to be the fact that Vader is supposed to be the Emperor's right hand man and he is basically treated like a bitch by Grand Moff Tarkin.

I don't think Vader is exactly good management material. He murders subordinates on a whim and probably does need to be kept on a leash somewhat. I just always saw Vader as the Emperor's chief enforcer, and that's pretty much his role in the original trilogy. He's the guy who comes in, fricks things up, and shows them that the Empire means business, and he's very good at doing that. I definitely wouldn't trust Vader with being control of something as powerful as the Death Star.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 11:22 am to
The emperor doesn't treat him like he's #2 or VP at all. He is talking with those other guys in Jedi and vader walks in and interrupts. He looks pissed, he doesn't greet him like space Jesus.

I always thought vader had no role in politics or any of that shite. His main job is to crush the rebellion and anyone who opposes the emperor
Posted by cjared036
Houston, tx
Member since Dec 2009
9569 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 11:37 am to
Quit fricking with my childhood
Posted by Sophandros
Victoria Concordia Crescit
Member since Feb 2005
45218 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 2:56 pm to
Haven't read the entire thread, but the fact that Endor was initially supposed to be populated by Wookies, not Ewoks, is enough to piss me off.
Posted by lsufan9193969700
3 miles from B.R.
Member since Sep 2003
55110 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 3:09 pm to
Anyone who thinks that ROTJ sucks has no taste.
Posted by OMLandshark
Member since Apr 2009
108256 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 3:32 pm to
quote:

Anyone who thinks that ROTJ sucks has no taste.

I don't think it sucks, but its absolutely mediocre. Granted, thee Throne Room scene may be my favorite in the series, but aside from that, it's incredibly disappointing.
Posted by prplhze2000
Parts Unknown
Member since Jan 2007
51383 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 3:45 pm to
They are popular because when they came out they were game changers. Compare them to what came before them. You also had some real good actors in Harrison Ford and others. Visually it was a huge experience for the viewer. It ran for MONTHS at the theater. Mr. Lepine at Episcopal High saw it like 30 times or so.
Posted by prplhze2000
Parts Unknown
Member since Jan 2007
51383 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 3:46 pm to
quote:

I don't think at this point they had fully developed Vader's role. Peter Cushing was a well known actor in his day and was seen more as a villain back then as that was his usual role. They didn't fully develop Vader until the next one.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 4:46 pm to
Yeah, knowing the original story they had before Lucas redid it is worse. Ignorance is bliss.
Posted by Sophandros
Victoria Concordia Crescit
Member since Feb 2005
45218 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 5:48 pm to
quote:

I also despise the fact that they showed Vader's burnt up face in the end.

To be fair, without that scene, a classic scene from Chasing Amy doesn't happen.
This post was edited on 3/9/13 at 5:49 pm
Posted by JabarkusRussell
Member since Jul 2009
15825 posts
Posted on 3/9/13 at 5:50 pm to
Lucas argued the planet couldn't be full of Wookies and fit his Vietnam premise because Chewbacca is advanced. Why couldn't Chewie be a prodigy and the rest of the race half-wits?
Posted by Hugo Stiglitz
Member since Oct 2010
72937 posts
Posted on 3/10/13 at 9:58 am to
This is really funny, like TulaneLSU funny
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 3/10/13 at 11:07 am to
Damn. That hurts
first pageprev pagePage 5 of 5Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram