Since as you put it,
This a purely hypothetical
I would, as AD:
1. Forge ahead with the SEZ expansion. More seats and suites to sell to those on the present long waiting list for season tickets and suites. More seats = more $$$$.
2. Realizing that LSU is in a "nuclear arms race" facilities wise with the elites of college athletics, I would be in discussion with the TAF about funding a replacement for the PMAC. The reasons being twofold: (1) The present structure will always need rehabbing and (2) I would like the new multi-purpose arena to be in a different location; because
3. I would commission feasibility studies into a North End Zone Expansion for Tiger Stadium and be in discussion with TAF on that point. Envision if you will a 115 - 120K+ capacity showcase filled with rabid Tiger Fans. Intimidating now, lets add 20,000 more screaming psychos. Oh yeah, more seats and suites = more $$$$.
4. As part of the NEZ expansion, hotel-style suites would be built into the infrastructure, accessible from the exterior, and being made available for rental on an annual basis available for occupancy on days of LSU sporting events for the heavy hitters and their entertainment needs. Would consider also offering same with catering and adult beverage service. Major cha-ching! This would also provide a game day experience that no one else in the country would be able to provide. Additionally the 4 to 6 "Penthouse" Suites would have a view of the action on the field.
5. The hotel/entertaining suites in the proposed NEZ expansion would be the first step in 10 to 20 year asbestos removal/conversion of the old North, South and East Stadium Dorms into both suites and individual hotel rooms. Rooms available on a per game basis. Once again providing a game day experience like no other.
Occupancy of suites and rooms = revenue.
6. My staff (Verge) would be charged with providing a marquee match-up with the USCs, Texases, Michigans, etc. of the world on an annual basis, to be played in Tiger Stadium. A game that the national networks would drool over to televise in Prime Time. Additionally, the Athletic Department would charge a premium for said game = $$$$$$.
7. I would encourage my staff to be continually on the look out/brainstorming for ways to improve our facilities that will give LSU a recruiting advantage.
8. I would increase recruiting budgets across the board. Of course, on a percentage basis football would see the largest increase in budget and encourage a more "National" recruiting philosophy.
9. I would work with our Championship winning coaches to develop and retain highly performing coaching staffs.
Just a few ideas off the top of my head.
End of Business 1001 lesson.
Oh, by the way, do I get the job?