Thorny LSU Fan Montgomery, AL Member since May 2008 532 posts
re: Bring Back the original Basketball jerseys next season!!Posted by Thorny on 2/15/13 at 11:36 am to b rod lsu
Optimum for me:
1. Differentiate between home and away uni's with having "LSU" on it on the road games, but "Tigers" on it for home games. Differentiate between home and away for gold uniforms (we do wear gold on occasion on the road, and the SEC tourney uniforms when we are the home team.) White should be the primary PMAC uni (since wearing white at home is pretty big tradition around here), but should never be worn outside the PMAC (If we are the higher seed playing TN in the SECT, they should forced into a much darker uniform than that orange they wear.) Gold at home should be reserved for big games, as determined by the coaching staff.
2. Use the fonts from the 80s--block "LSU" & script "Tigers". If Geaux font is required, clean it up by removing the contrasting color outlines--kind of like the numbers on the football uniform.
3. The piping around the edges should be the same as the football uniforms--that should be somewhat of a standard trademark-type look for LSU. Eliminate the stripes down the sides and at the waist. Put the dunking tiger on the shorts.
4. Shrink down the whole uniform to make it less baggy. I don't advocate going back to the tight shorts, but the current ones are ridiculous. The one from Shaq's last year should be a pretty good standard.
5. Make the uniform iconic by not drastically changing it every few years. Classic design is better than "current style".