Started By
re: .

Posted on 7/10/15 at 9:29 am to
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 7/10/15 at 9:29 am to
quote:

So that looked like Tim Drake as Robin in the trailer, doesn't that throw a wrench in the timeline from a continuity standpoint?

Depends on how long before Asylum it takes place. If it's only 1 or 2 years it makes sense.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 7/11/15 at 5:08 pm to
Playing it again right now and goddamn I am so sick of playing batmobile hide n seek with the big tanks and the cloudburst and having to sneak up on them. It's tedious, not fun and it makes me feel like a coward. Easily the worst part of the game. Otherwise, this game is pretty solid.
Posted by Breesus
House of the Rising Sun
Member since Jan 2010
66982 posts
Posted on 7/12/15 at 10:50 am to
quote:

It's tedious

Then go to the MTV board and discuss superman's charter with me in detail
Posted by CayceCock13
Braves / Hornets / Rams Fan
Member since Oct 2012
17543 posts
Posted on 7/14/15 at 12:14 am to
Welp, just finished the Batgirl DLC Story in an hour.
Posted by Byron Bojangles III
Member since Nov 2012
51660 posts
Posted on 7/14/15 at 7:44 am to
I knew it'd be like that after robin and Harley Quinn were the same
Posted by joeyb147
Member since Jun 2009
16019 posts
Posted on 7/14/15 at 9:17 am to
I'm about half way through the main story, and so far, I'm enjoying this game more than City. While the batmobile was tedious at first, I started coming around to it and the controls. The grappling is 100x's better than City in which it was a chore to get around. Add in the super boost ejection seat in the batmobile and getting around this huge open world is so much easier.

The upgrades to fighting are much better than Origins (stun after batclaw, using the environment, fear takedowns, etc). The side missions are decently easy to find just by gliding with batvision on.

I find the inclusion of the batmobile makes this game more than just Arkham City part deux (which is basically what Origins was).
Posted by 44tiger
Member since Aug 2013
933 posts
Posted on 7/14/15 at 10:38 am to
Don't remember why but I could never get into City. But I'm really enjoying Arkham Knight.
Posted by joeyb147
Member since Jun 2009
16019 posts
Posted on 7/14/15 at 6:05 pm to
New DLC revealed. Set to drop in August.

1989 Movie Batmobile Pack: Battle through the streets of Gotham City with this pack that includes the Batman skin and Batmobile from the 1989 Batman film, as well as two tracks inspired by the film’s sequel.

The Bat-family Skins Pack: Included in this pack are six character skins based on the alternate timelines - - 1990s Catwoman, One Year Later Robin, Arkham Origins Batman, Iconic Grey & Black Batman, 1970s Batman and the Original Arkham Nightwing.

Other key details for the season pass include playing as Batman in new story missions, featuring “legendary super-villains invading Gotham City,” as well as more story missions for Batman’s supporting cast. Expect for more information on them in the coming weeks.

LINK
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77580 posts
Posted on 7/14/15 at 6:10 pm to
I just looked at all of those shins in my trophy collection for City.
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77580 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 8:41 am to
So has anyone said anything on the fix for the PC version? I don't imagine it would be a quick one, but curious if it's at least playable right now.
Posted by finchmeister08
Member since Mar 2011
35631 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 1:58 pm to
I hear it's kind of a "luck of the draw" kind of thing. A few here at work has played it on PC and they didn't have any problems with it.
Posted by UltimateHog
Oregon
Member since Dec 2011
65805 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 2:04 pm to
Rumor was a few weeks, however yesterday EB Games Australia sent back all their physical copies after an internal email said it wouldn't be fixed for resale until Spring, which is 2 months away.

quote:

Now, Kotaku Australia got its hands on a copy of an internal EB Games email that saysArkham Knight won’t be fixed until “spring,” (referring to the Australian spring, which coincides with autumn in America).  Of course, that could be as soon as September, or as late as November
This post was edited on 7/16/15 at 2:07 pm
Posted by sicboy
Because Awesome
Member since Nov 2010
77580 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 2:23 pm to
I don't know how updates on individual games work on Steam....I want to say they update automatically and not when you boot up the game. Might check it out and see.
Posted by hawgfaninc
https://youtu.be/torc9P4-k5A
Member since Nov 2011
46426 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 2:33 pm to
quote:

1989 Movie Batmobile Pack: Battle through the streets of Gotham City with this pack that includes the Batman skin and Batmobile from the 1989 Batman film, as well as two tracks inspired by the film’s sequel.

my GOAT movie when I was little. still rank it pretty high
Posted by sbr2
Member since Apr 2011
15013 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 4:34 pm to
Odds that the dlc last more than 30 minutes?
Posted by joeyb147
Member since Jun 2009
16019 posts
Posted on 7/16/15 at 7:00 pm to
The ArkhamVideo YouTube guy beat the Batgirl DLC in like 45 minutes or so. So that's like an hour for normal players.
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 7/17/15 at 5:16 am to
quote:

The ArkhamVideo YouTube guy beat the Batgirl DLC in like 45 minutes or so. So that's like an hour for normal players.

I've watched a lot of his videos and it's absolutely amazing how he never ever takes one hit from anybody whether it be Batman or Batmobile.

Anyway, just played it and batgirl was defintely a lot fun to play with. Rocksteady screwed up the timeline even more now with Tim Drake's robin in that DLC instead of Dick Grayson's or even Jason Todd's Robin. Another thing, Batman knows everything and he had to know about this and theres no way he woukd let them go after Joker alone. Why? Otherwise, it was pretty good DLC and it entertained me for a good hour and a half.

Now that we're 4 games in the series, here is an arkhamverse map of all the known locations and its positions....

Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 7/17/15 at 9:13 am to
quote:

Rocksteady screwed up the timeline even more now with Tim Drake's robin in that DLC instead of Dick Grayson's or even Jason Todd's Robin.

How so? I would have preferred that Dick or Jason had been Robin but I think Tim being Robin still makes sense for this continuity.
Posted by joeyb147
Member since Jun 2009
16019 posts
Posted on 7/17/15 at 9:42 am to
quote:

Rocksteady screwed up the timeline even more now with Tim Drake's robin in that DLC instead of Dick Grayson's or even Jason Todd's Robin.
I don't see this.

In Arkham Asylum, Barbara was already Oracle. Also in AA, Joker already "killed" Jason Todd which would mean Drake was Robin at the beginning of the series (it's noted that Robin helps capture Clayface).

So that just means the Batgirl DLC happened between Origins and AA but after the death of Todd.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 8/6/15 at 1:15 am to
The cobra tank portions are terrible. Otherwise, this was gaming excellence. Could've used a couple of good boss fights

Loved the batmobile, upgrading, side missions, everything but the cobra tank sections and the lack of boss fights that they replaced

first pageprev pagePage 30 of 31Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram