Posted on 5/2/15 at 11:37 pm to
Posted by hawgfaninc
https://youtu.be/torc9P4-k5A
Member since Nov 2011
46419 posts
Posted on 5/2/15 at 11:37 pm to
I've always been a big batman fan.

<--- see avi

I'll pay a hundred and not blink an eye for this game.
This post was edited on 5/2/15 at 11:39 pm
Posted by hawgfaninc
https://youtu.be/torc9P4-k5A
Member since Nov 2011
46419 posts
Posted on 5/2/15 at 11:40 pm to
quote:

They know there are some :cough..fox...cough: that will buy it without blinking an eye

Guilty
Posted by CayceCock13
Braves / Hornets / Rams Fan
Member since Oct 2012
17543 posts
Posted on 5/3/15 at 12:13 am to
Some definitely intriguing stuff out of that season pass no doubt, I'll probably spend the 40$ on it. Considering how well done for the most part these games have been.
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 5/3/15 at 11:41 am to
Same. In Rocksteady I trust
Posted by Sentrius
Fort Rozz
Member since Jun 2011
64757 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 12:58 am to
quote:

Earlier this week, we announced the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. While the story of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham Trilogy will come to a close on June 23rd, we are excited to continue telling stories and delivering more content to explore and play through in the 6 months following the game’s release. We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.
We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

Alright Rocksteady, I'm fricking trusting you on this and don't let me down. Here's an extra 40 dollars.

Posted by Scruffy
Kansas City
Member since Jul 2011
72059 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 6:53 am to
Where's that pic of Batgirl?
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 8:38 am to
It's $60

I'm not waiting a few months to knock $40 off the price. Big deal, I ain't starving
Posted by joeyb147
Member since Jun 2009
16019 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 11:14 am to
quote:

Where's that pic of Batgirl?
Posted by wartiger2004
Proud LGB Supporter!
Member since Aug 2011
17816 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 11:29 am to
This game is gonna be awesome my only gripe is I wish they would've made Batmans face resemble the other Arkham games.
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 11:51 am to
Harley looks completely different. Bats almost looks younger.

ETA: I've been reading the Batman Arkham knight subreddit and there are a couple of really good non-Jason Todd theories on Arkham Knight's identity.
This post was edited on 5/4/15 at 11:53 am
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 2:47 pm to
well don't hold out on us, gives em to us now!

btw, the shot of batman, nightwing and tim drake pretty much makes it obvious to me who the arkham knight is...J MF T

Damien wayne...maaaaaybe
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:15 pm to
Well shite I can't find it now, I'm still a noob on reddit. I read it last night. The jist was that Arkham Knight isn't someone we know or someone from Batman lore. It's a patient and/or inmate that Strange experimented on and modified to become the physical and mental equivalent of Batman. Someone even threw out the idea that protocol 11 wasn't just to blow up the tower, it was to set the wheels in motion to release Arkham Knight on the world. So basically Arkham Knight could just be a genetically engineered dark reflection of Batman, kind of like Winter Soldier to Captain America.

It's an interesting idea. My only problem with AK being Jason is that I can't think of a good reason for Jason to call himself the Arkham Knight. He doesn't really have any association with Arkham that we know of yet.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:19 pm to
I can think of some obvious ones
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:20 pm to
For him to use the Arkham moniker?

ETA: Found the thread, can I link a reddit thread here without getting banned?
This post was edited on 5/4/15 at 3:21 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:32 pm to
I wouldn't think so but I don't know for sure

Just for one I can think he's the Arkham knight, without Arkham, he is in charge of judging and sentencing criminals...sound familiar?
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:40 pm to
Here's the whole OP from the thread. I like it because it ties back to stuff that was happening all the way back in AA, and it makes Strange a much more effective villain. I didn't like the Ras reveal in AC because it kind of neutered Strange.

quote:

I'm going to preface this by saying that this is technically an identity discussion on the Arkham Knight. However, I will be working off of the assumption that it is indeed a new character. I am more interested in how he will fit into the narrative structure of the series as opposed to the face underneath the mask. That being said, let's continue.
There are a few assumptions that I'm going to be working off of:

The Arkham Knight will have some tie in to both the Asylum and City. From a narrative point of view, this makes sense since the character will be connected with this series' Batman in a somewhat intimate way, having been shaped at least in part by Batman's actions.
The Arkham Knight hates Batman for very personal reasons. This makes sense based on what little dialogue we've had from him. More interestingly, he hates Gotham as well. This will tie in to his overall development as a character.

While he is indeed an original character, it would make sense to link him to prior characters introduced in the series. That way, casual game players would be able to connect him to the previous games, and overall it builds a coherent narrative over the course of the Rocksteady games.
Before I continue, I'd like to add that most of these ideas are mine, but the occasional thought I've lifted from elsewhere to bolster my pet theory. I believe that the Arkham Knight was an inmate at Arkham Asylum, and that he was experimented and, er, "improved" by Hugo Strange.

I think overall it fits quite nicely with both the way the characters behave and the story as a whole. The series, to my mind, focuses a lot on the abuse of power on the weak and vulnerable (on which I have commented before extensively). City was laced with references to Hugo Strange's experiments, both at the Asylum and in City. Inmates vanished and it's revealed that he is responsible for the completely crazy inmates at the Asylum. He was also responsible for breaking Quincy Sharp's mind and for the TYGER guards, which are heavily implied to be brainwashed inmates. It's also interesting to note that he probably started his brainwashing program back at the asylum, since he learned his techniques from the Mad Hatter.

The most interesting thing about Hugo Strange, however, is Rocksteady's take on his desire to be Batman. The Riddler comments on this fact briefly, and mentions that Hugo Strange does not feel worthy of the role. It would make a certain amount of sense then, that if he believes that he can't be Batman then he can make a new Batman, one without the restrictions of morality that the real Batman imposes on himself.

So, to summarize my thoughts, I think that Hugo Strange began a program to make the perfect Batman at the Asylum, using one of the patients. This patient hates Gotham for locking him up in the first place, hates Hugo Strange for the systematic torture that he was forced to undergo, and hates Batman because he fueled Strange's obsession. The Arkham Knight is either playing the other criminals to empty the city and allow him to take over, or Strange's experiment failed and he really is a criminal.

Some other thoughts just to back up my position: Strange mentions that Batman creates criminals. This could be taken very literally, in that the existence of Batman led directly to the creation of the Arkham Knight (or not. I admit this is a bit of a stretch). Also, Hugo Strange had access to a vast amount of funds from the League of Assassins, and a large number of inmates, which together could have been used to make and fund the Arkham Knight's army.

Finally, from a narrative perspective this could work very well, I feel. The difference between Batman and the Arkham Knight could be seen as a clash of realities: Batman, who was "made" in Gotham by the death of his parents and who uses a very life affirming moral system, and the Arkham Knight who was "made" at the Asylum and embodies many of its principles of abuse of power and a corrupt utilitarian morality, which views people as a means to an end. I think it would tie in well to the game and provide the material for a truly great final chapter of the Arkham series.
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:44 pm to
interesting

but if he hates him for personal reasons, he isn't a new character, at the very least he's someone who has made a brief appearance.

officer boles?
Posted by craigbiggio
Member since Dec 2009
31805 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 3:45 pm to
quote:

officer boles

Don't rule anything out now that the Lazarus Pits are in play
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 5/4/15 at 4:20 pm to
shut up and take my money!

Posted by Brosef Stalin
Member since Dec 2011
39183 posts
Posted on 5/17/15 at 10:02 pm to
have we talked about the dual play fighting mode yet? this looks pretty awesome LINK
Jump to page
Page First 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Jump to page
first pageprev pagePage 10 of 31Next pagelast page

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram