Started By
re: .

Posted on 9/21/15 at 1:24 pm to
Posted by GynoSandberg
Member since Jan 2006
72067 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 1:24 pm to
quote:

Woodhead won't fade per say, but his week 1 red zone touches aren't going to last. Gordon is going to get the ball more

Interdasting
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 1:29 pm to
Maybe not, but you spend a high pick on a RB, you have to figure the ideal scenario is that his role in the offense grows.

Maybe not though. Last two seasons that same prediction could've been put towards Monty ball, and he fell on his face
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 1:36 pm to
Wood head is the safer choice to jones in a ppr, but the upside is with Matt jones. He just out touched by 3 and yet way out performed him

They ran the ball 40 times and that o line is really good

I like jones a lot, and I know I came here asking but the more I think about it, I think jones is more than a flex right now.
Posted by GynoSandberg
Member since Jan 2006
72067 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 2:28 pm to
Woodhead has had that defined role dating back to 2013. He's a proven commodity at this point and SD loved his versatility in the RZ

You are comfortable in throwing Jones in a starting lineup in a 12 team or less league after 1 game?
Posted by Pnels08
Member since Jul 2014
9181 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 2:58 pm to
I'm pretty RB thin in my 12 team. Next week its either Jones or Ameer for my rb2
Posted by Nonetheless
Luka doncic = goat
Member since Jan 2012
33007 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 3:02 pm to
Woodhead aint going anywhere boss
Posted by GynoSandberg
Member since Jan 2006
72067 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 3:24 pm to
Well you gotta do what you gotta do

Abdullah is a perfect example. Dude was the second coming in line for all these touches W2. Throw him in the lineup and get burned

Ideally these are stash guys who you can take a wait and see approach. Let their situations play out

Did anyone really watch the redskin game? They were in control and ahead that whole entire game. It allowed them to pound the rock. I'm comfortable saying this is the first and last time jones and Morris both see 18+ rushing attempts each in a game. That offense can't support both guys for fantasy purposes, imo
Posted by Pnels08
Member since Jul 2014
9181 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 3:45 pm to
I agree he wont be consistent enough to be a flex or rb2 every week, but he will have decent weeks. It just depends what your lineup looks like, I think I'm solid elsewhere where I can take a dud from him and be okay.
This post was edited on 9/21/15 at 3:46 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 4:32 pm to
Wood head is proven, but the ceiling is higher for jones. If you're team is shite at RB, and my 12 teamer is complete shite at RB, then yeah. The upside is higher. Everything is in an upward trajectory. I'm not saying it's without risk. I'm saying I want the back who has the most potential, and has volume. 19 carries and 3 receptions...in what is for now a timeshare. Running behind a line that mauled two really good defensive fronts

Did you see him play.? He wasn't touched meanwhile Morris was picking bad lanes and getting stuffed on a number of plays. I went wr heavy and I want to hit a home run on a sleeper, that's what has won it for me the last 2 years (Eddie Lacy, Josh Gordon, Alshon Jeffery, OBJ)

Anyway, the guy is most likely to value wood head over jones, so getting jones is more likely, he has the higher upside, in week 2 he's already got volume going for him now. Just my take.

Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 4:35 pm to
Abdullah isn't though, because he popped one and had long runs. Matt jones had the volume to go with the numbers.
Posted by GynoSandberg
Member since Jan 2006
72067 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 4:50 pm to
Well there has been 2 weeks. W1 was a loss and he saw 6 carries, W2 was a game they led from the onset and won and he saw 19

So when you say he has the volume, you are basing that off of one week

How many carries is Jones getting a week going forward, iyo
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 5:01 pm to
I mean I don't know, but a few observations
1. Morris Was not hurt
2. His opportunities were doing meaningful playing time. He did not get them in a blowout
3. He lost a fumble and they kept giving him the ball

Those are all very encouraging signs
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 5:04 pm to
I'm also not denying a risk factor. However if you are going to take a risk this is a solid one given all the circumstances and numbers
Posted by GynoSandberg
Member since Jan 2006
72067 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 5:16 pm to
no doubt, the first step is owning the guy. i like him and he could pay off down the road
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/21/15 at 5:42 pm to
I drafted him so my risk is opportunity cost of points on my bench as opposed to the player I traded and the player I could've traded for plus what's on my bench. I don't have a stud at RB, so I don't think the cost is too high. He's trading so it's a little different, but I would prefer jones' upside to wood head if I'm shopping for a back. Those are the guys I want to trade for, the home run hitters before the cost is too high. A proven stud costs too much.

This post was edited on 9/21/15 at 5:45 pm
Posted by DelU249
Austria
Member since Dec 2010
77625 posts
Posted on 9/22/15 at 10:26 am to
I'd also add that the Redskins are averaging an eye popping 175 on the ground so far (against two stout d lines) and that jones is more of a 3 down back than Morris. Jones had drives where he didn't come out. Morris had drives where jones was the 3rd down back. Jones will be the 2 minute back.

So I think as for his share of carries, he has a pretty high floor as far as volume and his ceiling is more than a 50/50 split

I expect jones to keep getting more of the share

And I'm not saying this is a lock or an expert opinion. I think you're a prudent player who advises against risk when unnecessary (wisely so), but I have shite at RB, and jones is a relatively safe risk for the reasons I mentioned above. OBJ exploded last year but your initial reaction was wise. The targets were not there, they were heavily in randles favor. I think jones is this years stud sleeper but right now we have volume to go with the numbers and circumstances that suggest it's more than a one week phenomenon
This post was edited on 9/22/15 at 10:29 am
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2Next pagelast page
refresh

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram