I'm on my phone and its hard for a Luddite like myself to quote and respond to specific posts so I'll just try to make an inclusive list of responses.
1. While I don't like some of the gay rights' movements tactics at times, the only way to achieve this kind of change is through some degree of activism, including protests.
2. It is fair to say that Republicans have pushed the issue to the fore and have used it for larger political purposes at times (placing "traditional marriage" proposals on the ballot n certain states to coincide with close elections and bring out the Christian conservatives).
3. Powerman is a shite stirrer but I've had drinks with him and that makes him okay (plus he pushes interesting buttons).
4. Actually the SCOTUS doesn't have to create a new suspect class. They can simply find there is "no rational basis" to support statutes that discriminate between homosexual and heterosexual unions.
4. I have yet to see how gay couples getting married threatens my marriage (or anyone else's).
5. I think some posters on this board argue against it based on their reflexive opposition to "libs" or "progressives".