This data is from 2010, since it takes awhile to compile as a part of a much larger study of the top 200 pharmaceutical sales. I figured I would start a different sort of topic than normal on Political Talk to give a perspective on how sick this nation is.
Also included is sales figures and manufacturer.
1) Nexium (AstraZeneca, $5.2B, antiulcerant)
2) Lipitor (Pfizer, $5.2B, cholesterol)
3) Plavix (BMS, $4.6B, anti-platlet)
4) Advair (GSK, $3.6B, corticoid)
5) Oxycontin (Purdue, $3.5B, narcotic)
6) Abilify (Otsuka, $3.3B, antipsychotic)
7) Singulair (Merck, $3.3B, anti-asthmatic)
8) Seroquel (AstraZeneca, $3.2B, antipsychotic)
9) Crestor (AstraZeneca, $2.9B, cholesterol)
10) Cymbalta (Lilly, $2.6B, antidepressant)
Full chart here: LINK
Better living through chemistry.
This post was edited on 4/10 at 8:26 pm