Hope you noticed the common (and correct) thread in the responses? This is a liberal (i.e. Democrat) ploy to move to socialized medicine (i.e. death panels)... and unfortunately it will work. Here's how:
1) 30 million uninsured will enter the market, same or fewer doctors and no new health facilities.
2) The most sickly will go to the state/ Federal healthcare exchanges, the healthiest will pay the ridiculously minimal penalty which does not cover the cost of all the new critically ill cases.
3) The only possible response from the insurance companies is to raise premiums (which have already risen over 80% in the last 5 years).
4) The only response to that premium increase is for companies to drive employees to the state/Federal exchanges by making their own plans unaffordable or by cutting full-timers to part timers.
5) Over 10 years or so, socialized medicine will be the norm... again, no new doctors or medical facilities... thus healthcare will be rationed... thus death panels
6) Add to this the fact that the same President who has signed over 195 executive orders will not provide an exemption to Catholic and other faith-based institutions on the HHS mandate... thus forcing these facilities to close...
7) ... and the Democrats have just taken control of your entire life:
- Retirement (Social Security)
- Healthcare (Obamacare)
- Food (historic rises in Food Stamps)
- Security (gun legislation)
If you literally want to eat or survive any type of medical situation, you'd better damn well vote for the Democrat party.
This isn't America anymore, Comrade.
This post was edited on 9/9 at 4:24 pm