That's what a community does, except maybe in your Randian utopia of selfishness and greed.
Freedom = selfishness and greed?
Forced "community" by an elite few is the ultimate example of selfishness and greed.
The opposition to Obamacare is not about people in various communities CHOOSING to pool resources using insurance to make healthcare more affordable. We are opposed to Obamacare because:
1. It is mandated by government - you are forced to participate or face fines or prison.
2. It is controlled and enforced by a government that is both corrupt and inefficient.
3. It is unconstitutional.
4. Obamacare has been a lie - it was sold as a lie that Dems believed.
5. It doesn't solve the very issue Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Landrieu and the rest of the D's claimed it would - insuring all Americans. Latest estimate is over 30 milion will remain uninsured.
6. ObamaCare is designed to FAIL. The goal is a single-payer system totally controlled by the Feds - no insurance companies. Once that happens, the FEDS OWN YOU and they will tell you everything you can and can't do because they pay for your life.
7. And finally, ObamaCare isn't about healthcare - its about unqualified, corrupt people in DC gaining control of the economy and your entire life.
BTW, this is what happens when you view the US Constitution as a "living, breathing" document -> people twisting it and purposely misinterpreting it to get around it. Anyone who tells you the US Constitution is a "living" document cannot be trusted with political power.
This post was edited on 6/30 at 7:55 am