CHSBears Texas A&M Fan Baton Rouge Member since Aug 2007 455 posts
re: Question regarding mutual fund performance (Posted on 5/16/13 at 11:54 am to jimbeam)
They use the highest marginal tax rate in effect at the time. Could be quite high considering what went into law for 1/1/13. They also only consider federal taxes; ordinary income, qualified dividends, short term gains & long term gains.
2013 Highest marginal rate is 39.6% plus surcharge of 3.8% for a total of 43.4%. So just to ballpark, they look correct.