Your chances of dying, if bitten, are very small
it depends on the severity of the bite, location, and health of victim!
i have a buddy that got bit on the wrist by a water moccasin when we were in college. not a "full dose" bite according to the er doc but it still f-ed his arm up pretty good for quite a while. he had to drive himself to the er bc he was squirrel hunting alone. he was sucking the venom out with his mouth while driving. by the time he got to the er there were red streaks up to his shoulder. skin on the inside of his mouth turned black and sloughed off.
also, a lady i used to work with, her dad got a "full dose" bite by a copper head that damn near put him in the clay. he was alergic to the antivenom and ended up strapped down to the i.c. bed for 10 days in a darkened room because he was violently delusional.