Below is a list of prefiled bills for the 2014 Louisiana Legislative Session relating to guns/firearms.
Wanted to post it here as opposed to the Poli-Board. Those folks can be a bit "sensitive."
WEAPONS/FIREARMS: Provides relative to the exemption for law enforcement officers regarding the carrying of weapons in alcoholic beverage outlets
· Current law prohibits anyone from possessing a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet
· Provides for exceptions for the owner of the establishment, employees, or a law enforcement officer acting in the performance of his official duties.
· Proposed law removes the condition that the law enforcement officer is acting in the performance of his official duties.
WEAPONS/FIREARMS: Creates the crime of unlawful sales of firearms
· Proposed law provides that it shall be unlawful for the holder of a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to sell any firearm without verification that the purchaser has completed a firearms safety or training course.
· Provides criminal penalties for intentionally selling a firearm to a person who does not meet the criteria provided for in proposed law, including a fine of not more than $500 for a first offense and not more than $1,000 for a second or subsequent offense.
· Proposed law provides that a photocopy of a certificate of completion of the course, an affidavit from the instructor, or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course shall constitute evidence of qualification of completion of a firearms safety or training course.
· Proposed law provides that it shall be illegal to intentionally present false, fraudulent, altered, or counterfeit documents to prove training in firearms in order to purchase a firearm. Provides criminal penalties of a fine of not more than $1,000, imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.
· Proposed law provides that no seller of firearms shall be liable for acts committed by the purchaser, unless the seller had actual knowledge at the time of the purchase that the purchaser was ineligible to purchase the firearm.
WEAPONS/FIREARMS: Provides relative to the illegal possession of stolen firearms
· Present law provides that illegal possession of stolen firearms is the intentional possessing, procuring, receiving, or concealing of a firearm which has been the subject of any robbery or theft under circumstances which indicate that the offender knew or should have known that the firearm was the subject of a robbery or theft.
· Proposed law changes the elements of the crime to include any misappropriation and not only robbery or theft.
· Proposed law further provides that it shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution for illegal possession of stolen firearms that the offender had no knowledge that the firearm was the subject of any form of misappropriation.
WEAPONS/FIREARMS: Provides relative to the possession of firearms by concealed handgun permit holders in certain alcoholic beverage establishments
· Creates an exception to the crime of possession of a firearm in alcoholic beverage outlets for concealed handgun permit holders when the possession occurs on the premises of certain restaurants.
· Present law provides that no person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.
· Present law provides for exceptions for the owner of the establishment, employees, or a law enforcement officer acting in the performance of his official duties.
· Proposed law further provides for an exception for a person possessing a firearm in accordance with a concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to present law on the premises of an alcohol beverage outlet which has been issued a Class A-Restaurant permit.
This post was edited on 1/16 at 6:42 pm