Quick question (Please don't kill me for it)
Considering how he has looked down the stretch and how Tyreke has looked back at PG, do y'all regret the Jrue Holiday trade?
Basically looking back would you rather roll with those guys going forward and have addressed other roster issues with those picks?
So many variables in this question:
- Do we see the development from Austin without the trade/Jrue's injury?
- Who would we have picked in reality in place of Noel?
- Would we legitimately have had a shot at a S&T big like Pekovic?
- Does that big hinder Davis' coming out party this year?
- What happens to Gordon this offseason? If he stays, will Austin be happy with 15 MPG next year?
- Do we keep Morrow? He seems to be a very positive mentor to AR.
- Do we keep Roberts? We know he is forever the backup PG in Monty's heart.
- How long is Monty coaching?
- Is Holiday's contract even tradeable after this injury?
- Does Rivers continue to develop?
It is ironic. A lot of TigerinATL's positives about Jrue could be used to describe Austin too. Rivers finished at 45.5% from "Catch n Shoot" 3 this year, good for 11th in the league ( BSS Link
). Austin turns it over less. He defended the opposing PG better this year according to most advanced stats (granted, he didn't play starting points as much).
It does make you wonder though. I don't regret it as we could potentially have one of the best 4 guard rotations in the league (Gordon or not). Unless, of course, Monty goes Monty and puts Evans back on the bench next year. That changes everything. We have the flexibility to play some very efficient small ball.
Evans should be our starting PG going into next year without a shadow of a doubt. That's why I mainly focused on the SG position.
God, Monty really does suck. We shouldn't have to evaluate our roster based on how fricking stupid our coach is...
This post was edited on 4/17 at 9:34 am