On the menu this week: Series finale, season five, and overall series discussion.
It's over. If you don't have time to watch the episodes, check out the Fringepedia pages for each episode...they do a great job of detailing and explaining everything that happens in the episode. Here it is for this week's episode:
Discussion on this episode due to start
. Enjoy the show. CURRENT DISCUSSION Episode discussion begins on ~page 60 for the following episodes: Series finale: "An Enemy of Fate"
- All five of the primary Fringe Division members survive into 2036 and face-off against the invading Observers in a complex and extraordinary battle to manipulate the fate of mankind by altering future events, and deflecting history away from the path to total oppression. Fringepedia for the finale: An Enemy of Fate Note to people who haven't seen the series: Please feel free to join in at any time, but know that there will be spoilerish things discussed since this is a REWATCH. So while you may not get too many things spoiled on you for the most part, eventually the discussion will begin to tie in with future happenings on the show. So be prepared for that. However, I actually think this could be a really cool way to experience the series for the first time, so you're more than welcome to participate. Original post:
So I've mentioned this several times for a while now, and it seems to have interested some. I'm thinking we could sort of "assign" 3-4 episodes a week (or whatever number works for the majority) and keep a running discussion going in this thread as the group navigates the series.
Thoughts? I need input on:
- How many episodes per viewing period
- Length of viewing period (one week is the easiest I think, but would it start on Sunday/Monday/etc?)
- How many would be interested
- Discussion format suggestions (discuss all 3-4 at once, an episode at a time, what..?)
- etc. (anything else you can think of?) People in for this:
wish i was tebow
Bryon Bojengles III
Freauxzen (already rewatched; confirmed for discussion)
TigerinATL (partial participation because he's married and whipped)
iluvdatiger (first time watcher)
catholictigerfan Others who have expressed interest in doing this:
gjackx (may be in)
BluegrassBelle (first time watcher)
Anybody else who would want to is welcome. I'll try to keep a list here.
I know there have been several "I'm watching Fringe" threads in the last few weeks/months, so people like that would likely not want to rewatch it again so quickly, but who knows. And even still, they can always jump in on the discussion and contribute that way since it's still relatively fresh in their minds.
Anyway, this is the official thread to see what kind of interest there would be in actually doing this and sticking with it...I kinda feel like it would suck if there were only like 3 or 4 of us participating.
As for viewability:
Per a quick Google search, Fringe is on Netflix.
It also seems to be on Amazon Prime.
Also on Hulu Plus I believe (though possibly not season five yet).
And of course, you can always just buy the DVDs.
All I wanna know is....who's coming with me? Image: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/mix931fm.com/files/2013/06/jerry_maguire.png Image: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xs1ZNRcAThY/hqdefault.jpg
This post was edited on 3/2 at 8:52 am