either the Red Wedding
Dany stealing the Unsullied
God i would love for them to end season 3 with joffrey's wedding
they should do red wedding/ arya axe on episode 8 so everyones pissed, a little aftermath on episode 9, then episode 10, viewers find out arya is alive, and they get the much needed satisfaction of joffrey's death. jon is arrested at the wall, Tyrion is arrest, Dany does someting cliffhangery, etc etc. Season ends with sansa on the boat with LF.
"Why would I wish him dead? I had no motive. Besides, I am a thousand leagues away in the Vale. Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you. Remember that, Sansa, when you come to play the game."
"The only game. The game of thrones....(spiel about him and Cat)....Put Joffrey from your mind, sweetling, Dontos, Tyrion, all of them. They will never trouble you again. You are safe now, that's all the matters. You are safe with me and sailing home."
Camera pans away, focusing on boat, then "Directed by David Benioff and DB Weiss."
It could definitely end with "The only game. The game of thrones." Would be pretty awesome imo. I think the scene will be great with these two because their respective actors are perfectly cast.
This surely wont happen, but frick it. I just think Joffrey has to die to offset the RW for the viewers.
Joff’s death. The folks in KL will talk up Dorne all season, but no Dornish will be shown. EP 10 ends LF whisking Sansa away, Joff’s wedding and death, then Cersei screaming that Tyrion killed him, then cut to final scene of zombie cat
1. There were three weddings filmed for Season 3 (one in mid-August with hundreds of extras and fancy hairstyles, the Tyrion/Sansa wedding in mid-September, and lastly the Red Wedding). We don't know what the first wedding was, but what other Season 3 wedding with "hundreds of extras" could this be, if not the Purple Wedding?
I have yet to see anyone come up with a satisfactory answer to this. It seems pretty conclusive in of itself that the Purple Wedding is happening in Season 3. Anyone who's going to argue that the Purple Wedding is not going in Season 3 is going to have to come up with some explanation for that August wedding, and I haven't seen anyone on this thread do so to date. Still, I'll go on with the rest of my list.
2. The Red Wedding and Purple Wedding happened fairly close together in the books (much closer together than the Sansa/Tyrion and the Red Wedding, which are airing in Episodes 8 and 9).
3. It's very unlikely that the writers will drag Jack Gleeson back for Season 4 just to kill Joffrey off, as Joffrey has nothing left to do after the Red Wedding except die. Jack Gleeson is also a very serious student who is rumoured to want to quit acting altogether, so I can't imagine he would want to drag out his stint any longer than necessary.
4. It's quite possible that the Sansa/Tyrion wedding and the Purple Wedding may be placed very close together (two episodes apart) to rush through the "marriage" portion of Sansa's arc in deference to Sophie Turner's young age and status as a minor. The show also pretty much scrubbed any sexual element to the Hound's interactions with Sansa, I suspect for the same reason. (In the alternative, the writers seem to be big Tyrion fanboys and he does not come off well at all during the portion of ASOS where Sansa and Tyrion are a married couple, so I can see them wanting to speed through that.)
5. The Season 3 featurette had a glimpse of Joffrey at some kind of feast. The tablecloth had a flower motif. The architecture had this vine pattern going on. There was greenery everywhere. This says "Tyrell" to me. I even thought it was the Olenna/Sansa dinner for a moment until I noticed Joffrey was there. What could this be except the Purple Wedding feast, unless it's some non-book scene?
6. The Season 3 featurette also had a shot of Tyrion carrying a heavy book. This could be anything, but there's a good chance it's Joffrey's wedding present.
7. The showrunners blowing a bunch of money on the Tyrion/Sansa wedding and making it a big deal might not have any significance. They might be doing it for no other reason than Tyrion is the de facto lead of the show (if not the books), so everything involving Tyrion is automatically ten times worthier of the show's time/budget. The HBO Yearender Promo aired recently had four shots of new footage from Game of Thrones: one was of Dany, one was of Cersei, and two were of Tyrion. They know which side their bread is buttered on. Just a thought.
Also, I can see the show going for a 1/2/3 punch with Episode 8 Tyrion/Sansa wedding/Episode 9 Red Wedding/Episode 10 Purple Wedding. It has a certain kind of elegance to it. Joffrey dying also would end the season on a bit of a cathartic note after the devastation of the Red Wedding, assuring the audience that the bad guys don't always triumph in this series, that it isn't unrelentingly bleak, etc.