Thinking it through, I think they have a lot to set up before the Purple Wedding. Scenes I would think/like to happen before the Purple Wedding:
1) Tyrion meeting the Red Viper outside the city.
2) The Red Viper telling Tyrion when he first met him.
3) Small Council Meeting where Oberyn stands up to Tywin
4) Tywin demanding Jaime release his cloak and become heir of Casterly Rock
5) Brienne and Loras confronting each other.
6) Tywin telling Tyrion why he killed Elia's children, and that he does not plan to fulfill his end of the bargain.
7) Some other scene with Tyrion and Oberyn.
8) Jaime meeting with his updated Kingsguard.
8) Scene with Jaime and Tyrion, where Tyrion asks Jaime why he joined the Kingsguard. I really liked that story from Jaime's mind, and Tyrion seems to be the only person that Jaime would tell that story to. Maybe have the episode before the Purple Wedding have them talk together about how their father really hates all of his children deep down, and then it leads to that. Really think that would be an excellent added scene.
9) Two or three scenes setting up Dontos.
Plus I'm sure they'll have a scene or two with Cersei, Margeary, and Joffrey in it to set up the Purple Wedding.
This post was edited on 8/28 at 9:49 pm