Golf magazine posted a short article the other day on twitter talking about how basically Paul Azinger was being an idiot trying to make fun of another colleague and calling people on twitter clowns. All the while spelling a bunch of stuff wrong, not knowing the difference between your and you're and to and too.
But in the article they mention that although he was out of line in saying these things and posting during live coverage, which is a no no, that he was still the 2nd best commentated/analyst in golf. They never mentioned who they thought was the best.
But that made me go WTF because I've always thought he sucked.
Anywho, who do you think are the best and worst golf commentators out there?
1. Scott Van Pelt - The clear #1 for me. He's in the lead by a good bit for me personally.
2. Johnny Miller - I know a lot of people hate him but I love that he speaks his mind. He ain't afraid to say anything or call anybody out. It doesn't matter if you're #1 in the world or #300, he is going to dog you if you miss a three footer. I like that. Not many other people will do that, if any, like he does. On the other hand, if you make a fantastic shot, he'll talk you up. The John McEnroe of golf.
3. Mike Tirico - This dude can call anything. Whether it be football, basketball, golf, tennis, ect. He's good at all of them.
4. Jim Nantz - Just seems like a good dude. Always respectful and he knows his stuff. Does a great job a at the Masters.
1. Chris Berman - He makes my ears want to bleed listening to him talk football, and it's even worse with golf. I don't understand how this dude still has a job much less calling some of The U.S. Open. You listen to him for ten minutes and realize he clearly doesn't know crap about golf. And for gods sake can somebody get this dude some new ties? I know they have to be is grandads or something because there isn't a store in the world that still sells ties that old and ugly. Him and Mel Kiper share ties or something. Berman vs Merrill Hodge is a serious debate on who looks like a bigger idiot on TV.
2. Rick Rielly - Can somebody tell this dude he's not funny? Everyday of an covered tournament this dude gets to do some "comedy" piece. I say "comedy" because it should be "wtf is this crap" piece. They could not be any less funny than they are. I've never laughed at this dude. Every time they get done with one and they send it back to the other guys they are always like "ah haha ahh well thanks Rick." Like they're thinking the same thing as me but they have to give a courtesy laugh because they are on air.
Well, who ya got?...
This post was edited on 7/26 at 12:19 pm