my question is not the X and Os it is the players showing Dantoni respect. The best thing about Phil is his ability to manage egos. That is not Dantoni's strong suit
D'Antoni does give off the 'push over' impression, but I think his system largely benefits the starting five:
- Kobe should have no problems as he will be featured in numerous pick and rolls while still receiving his isolation plays when he wants. Let's be real, no one is going to change how he plays.
- Nash will obviously love him because of their relationship and the familiarity.
- Dwight should settle in nicely as the main piece in the pick and roll with a bevvy of talent around him and one of the top passers in the league running the show. He should see fewer double teams and easier FG attempts
- Pau is interesting. I'm wondering if the Lakers reduce his starting minutes to feature him more when Dwight is on the bench, or if they just move him out of the paint and ask him to hit mid range jumpers. Good thing about Pau is that he typically goes with the flow on this team.
- Metta's role should not change. Just hit some open shots when called upon and stay out of the way.
I am concerned with the bench play. I think Steve Blake will be awful in D'Antoni's system if he's running the show, and I'm not really confident in any of the bench players hitting open shots.