LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football | Page 3 | TigerDroppings.com
Posted by
Message
756
LSU Fan
Member since Sep 2004
10667 posts
Online

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football

so we have a state championship trophy and now we have a consolation trophy?

Much ado about nothing

Wrong move


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
samson73103
Alabama Fan
Krypton
Member since Nov 2008
2408 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Now the private school championship will be a joke with a few teams just destroying everyone year in and out.



Pretty much how it is now anyway. If they aren't gonna level the playing field, just eliminate classifications and put schools with 2000 students on the field with schools with 250 students. Makes as much sense as making the publics compete with the privates who recruit talent just like the SEC. Absolutely floors me that anyone could be so blind as to not see the advantages the privates have had. It's like letting LSU, Florida and Bama play in the Gulf South Conference.


DollaChoppa
North Carolina St. Fan
Geaux TigerPack
Member since May 2008
76358 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
Once again, you are grouping all the privates together. This did nothing for 95% of the private schools. All it did was increase the chance that the 5% win the championship every year.

There is still an issue
This post was edited on 1/27 at 7:29 pm


Geauxtiga
TBD Fan
No man's land
Member since Jan 2008
28791 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Once again, you are grouping all the privates together. This did nothing for 95% of the private schools. All it did was increase the chance that the 5% win the championship every year.

There is still an issue
And there is still a choice. Private school folk can opt out and go public.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
Rocket
Northwestern Fan
Member since Mar 2004
60983 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

floors me that anyone could be so blind as to not see the advantages the privates have had.


It's not that. Pro-private posters on this site for years have stomped their feet at any mention of changing anything that may affect their ability to compete.

It'll all blow over.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
Geauxtiga
TBD Fan
No man's land
Member since Jan 2008
28791 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Well we are a small Catholic 1 A school .. from what I understand when it comes to playoffs, 1 A and 2 A will play against each other.
But you have God. Yeah as I walk through the valley...



quote:

Will not be surprised if Catholic/private schools pull out of the LHSAA and go to something on their own.
Okay, seriously. This is where the Cath/private schools still have leverage.

The public schools kept them in their Districts and on their schedules cause of the tremendous gates. I know of a public school that would get a 10K gate when they played the small Catholic school in the area.





Replies (0)
Replies (0)
JJ27
TCU Fan
Member since Sep 2004
48963 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
Has anyone mentioned that Evangel and Curtis are 2A so one can play up an they could potentially win the Select trophies every year?


Meauxjeaux
Memphis Fan
90248 posts including my alters
Member since Jun 2005
18917 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
They were both playing up to 3A this coming year anyway.

Now they dominate the 3a-5a private school championship.


Glad to see Hannan voted no, but this bodes pretty well for Hannan.
This post was edited on 1/27 at 8:11 pm


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
Vol Fan in the Bayou
Tennessee Fan
Member since Nov 2009
4155 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
Who cares! It's high school sports. It's not winning the Nobel Peace Prize for finding a cure to cancer.


Geauxtiga
TBD Fan
No man's land
Member since Jan 2008
28791 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Who cares! It's high school sports. It's not winning the Nobel Peace Prize for finding a cure to cancer.
THANK YOU!

I almost posted that no one gives a shite if any of these schools have enough math or English teachers.





DollaChoppa
North Carolina St. Fan
Geaux TigerPack
Member since May 2008
76358 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Geauxtiga



LSU Fan
South Central La.
Member since Jan 2008
23091 posts
Online



quote:

Tigerdroppings.com: The poop on LSU sports.


you know, im gonna be honest. It seems foolish to make a post like that. I assume you post on the rant solely about academics.


Geauxtiga
TBD Fan
No man's land
Member since Jan 2008
28791 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

you know, im gonna be honest. It seems foolish to make a post like that. I assume you post on the rant solely about academics
Ask your board member how many calls he gets for Hd coaching positions then ask him how many he gets when English or math teacher openings come up.



Replies (0)
Replies (0)
samson73103
Alabama Fan
Krypton
Member since Nov 2008
2408 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Well we are a small Catholic 1 A school .. from what I understand when it comes to playoffs, 1 A and 2 A will play against each other.

THAT doesn't seem fair to me at all. Will not be surprised if Catholic/private schools pull out of the LHSAA and go to something on their own.




Oh so NOW you are worried about what's fair? You are the poster child for hypocrisy if you thought the old system was fair but think the new system is out of whack. I personally watched Evangel, with their enrollment of 400 beat the hell out of West Monroe, with their enrollment of over 1500 consecutive years in NOLA. Is it because they have better coaches and the players are more dedicated? No it's because they RECRUIT players just like the fricking colleges do and it puts public schools at a tremendous disadvantage. And the most flagrant ones such as Evangel and Curtis do it all under the guise of being "Christian schools"!


JJ27
TCU Fan
Member since Sep 2004
48963 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
Evangel beat the hell out of WM once, with Hester and JDB. WM beat the hell out of Evangel once. The rest of the games were decided by 1-7 points. Evangel won, but they were great games.
This post was edited on 1/27 at 8:30 pm


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
prplhze2000
LSU Fan
Parts Unknown
Member since Jan 2007
32975 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
As if public schools don't recruit. Go see how Billy Cannon wound up at Istrouma.


Geauxtiga
TBD Fan
No man's land
Member since Jan 2008
28791 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Oh so NOW you are worried about what's fair? You are the poster child for hypocrisy
Or a good Catholic.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
LSUsCRYSTALball
LSU Fan
Member since Dec 2012
1702 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
fair


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
chalmetteowl
New Orleans Pelicans Fan
#LetsDOOThis
Member since Jan 2008
13998 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

I personally watched Evangel, with their enrollment of 400 beat the hell out of West Monroe, with their enrollment of over 1500 consecutive years in NOLA. Is it because they have better coaches and the players are more dedicated?


yeah

the players for Evangel and Curtis generally don't do much in college ball...

quote:

And the most flagrant ones such as Evangel and Curtis do it all under the guise of being "Christian schools"!





well god must be on their side


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
bigcatfish
Member since Feb 2009
214 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
Private schools can control their enrollment. Therefore, they control their classification. Public schools do not have this option.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
Cecil D Diesel
USA Fan
Shaolin
Member since Mar 2011
8989 posts

re: LHSAA votes to split public, private schools for football
quote:

Now the private school championship will be a joke with a few teams just destroying everyone year in and out.

Not sure if you meant "private" instead of "public" or not.
The "select" brackets will be much more competitive than the public brackets.
As far as "non-select" is concerned, I'd wager that these teams will win more state championships than anyone else, for the foreseeable future:
1A
Kentwood, Haynesville, West St. John
2A
Many, Winnfield, and Springfield
3A(will be the most competitive "non-select" class)
Eunice, Livonia, and North Desoto
4A
Neville
5A
West Monroe, Barbe

The "select" division will be much tougher for teams to win every year, in both the lower and upper classes. Outside of "non-select" 3A, there will be no competition in the public bracket.
This post was edited on 1/27 at 8:48 pm


Page 3 of 5

Back to top

Follow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram