The Washington Post did a nice article about just how bad we suck with graphs and stuff. See it HERE
With all that being said, it's time for a game of "Be The GM." I pose the following question to my fellow DATters: How do we make this team better today? Post your ideal scenario.
1. The first goes without saying. Call up Singleton as soon as the Super 2 date comes.
2. Find a moderately priced LF that we can package a trade for. I'm willing to give up the following:
Chris Carter (MLB)
Alex Presley (MLB)
Nolan Fontana (AA--#8 ranked prospect in Astros system)
3. Let's find a free agent out there with a stick that can DH for us. There's got to be somebody. If there's not a viable free agent option, then to hell with it. I won't give up anything more than what I've already listed. With the only exception being Krauss and Grossman. So maybe one of those guys and a cash consideration or PTBNL.
4. Move Cosart to the closer role. Call up Folty to take his place in the rotation.
5. The Bullpen: I really don't think there's anything we could do to make these guys any better this season. Hopefully our injured guys (White, Moylan, Wojo, Crain) will replace some of the crapfest that we've been trotting out there.
That's 2 AAA callups, one trade and one FA acquisition. I don't think that's unreasonable, and I think it would instantly make us better, assuming that Castro, Altuve, Fowler, Springer, Dominguez, Villar all get their shite together.
Considering all the moves stated above we'd look something like this:
Carter/Presley/Fontana Trade LF
Free Agent DH
The Lefty of your choice
This post was edited on 5/8 at 9:31 am